Qn about Verizon's 8X

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm wondering, what frequency does the Verizon's 8X operate on? I'm interested because the red version is not available in my country, and it's the only variant that packs wireless charging. Also, is the device unlocked? I would like to use it in Singapore, we run on the 2100Mhz frequency.

I know I'm going to great lengths to get one, but the red is really nice! Thanks :)

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
According to HTC site:

CDMA 2000 800/1900 MHz, LTE: 700 MHz (Band 13), GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, HSPA/UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz

The GSM/HSPA part is unlocked as far as I know.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
only Verizon version is unlocked. And according others, you may not get Internet sharing to work as it will need to check with Verizon to see if you have tethering plan with them. Also, you are at the mercy of Verizon as to when you will get next update (probably never based on past history).

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
only Verizon version is unlocked. And according others, you may not get Internet sharing to work as it will need to check with Verizon to see if you have tethering plan with them. Also, you are at the mercy of Verizon as to when you will get next update (probably never based on past history).

hmm, that makes me reconsider.. Although my local carrier is slow to push out updates, we still get it.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has released every WP update in a timely manner. I don't understand why this myth continues to persist.

rew001

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has released every WP update in a timely manner. I don't understand why this myth continues to persist.

I'm new to the platform, but if this is true, why do all the other carriers have the update already? And from what I've read, they've had the update now for weeks.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the platform, but if this is true, why do all the other carriers have the update already? And from what I've read, they've had the update now for weeks.

Well I don't know anything about this update because I don't even have a WP8, so I guess I should have said every WP7 update. But the post I quoted mentioned Verizon's past history, which has actually been quite good when it comes to WP7.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Does HTC do 1-for-1s in case of a faulty phone? I'm using a Nokia Lumia 820 right now, but I'm constantly sending it to Nokia Care. I wouldn't want to purchase a phone from the US, and have to send the phone to and fro to get it repaired..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05