Who charges wirelessly overnight?

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering, who changes their Lumia 920 wirelessly overnight? If not, why? Were there a number of problems with charging overnight, e.g over-heating, dying, etc? I want to buy a Nokia charging pad for my bedside table, but I'm hesitant of putting the money down unless I know for sure that overnight charging is relatively smooth.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I charge mine wirelessly every night. And I have wireless charger at work I leave it on half the time.

Occasionally it seems to get a little warmer than expected, but overall its an awesome/easy feature!

9500ix24

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I charge my Lumia 920 with wireless chargers 90% of the time. No overheating issues at all. It is very convenient since my 920 is sealed by an otterbox defender case (can't afford any kind of damage).
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Great, so it looks like things work fine with Nokia's accessories... What about third party products? I ask, again, because a number of 3rd party goods are on their way, e.g. for cars, maybe furniture, etc. Are people finding any issues with 3rd party chargers?

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been up until Sunday night. The light on the charging plate started blinking. Haven't had time to checkout what the problem is. I like the charging plate. Just went ahead and used the wired charger. I need to look into that.

9500ix24

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
One of my friends has the energizer qi three position wireless charger and it works flawlessly with my 920, again no overheating issues or any other kind of problems. I personally like Nokia's design, very simple and compact.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been up until Sunday night. The light on the charging plate started blinking. Haven't had time to checkout what the problem is. I like the charging plate. Just went ahead and used the wired charger. I need to look into that.
When your phone reaches full charge, the LED will first do a slow blink, then turn off almost entirely - unless you use a nightstand app or the NFC charging Weather and Calendar app. If the screen is on, it blinks a little faster, and won't turn off. This is to show that it is still charging the phone.

S Rodrigo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Have the wireless charger next to the bed. Could do without the sound notifications when putting it on or taking it off the charger. Kinda annoying, but not a huge deal. Works well most the time, unless it gets bumped slightly and loses connection. Sometimes it charges to 100%, sometimes only charges to 96%, not really sure what is going on there. Would be great if there was a sleep mode for the win phone that you could say between these hours no e-mail/message beeps (albeit that has nothing to do with wireless just an obs). I think the wireless charging is awesome though and I haven't plugged my phone into an actual cable since receiving the charger with the exception of connecting it to my PC.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I do it every night!

fkqy1.jpg

ChemEngr

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Before going to sleep, I unlock my 920, do the NFC tap with my charging stand to bring up the clock/weather/agenda, then place it on the charger overnight. No problems.

Never had problems with the Palm Pre wireless chargers either.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I charge mine wireless overnight ever since I got my stand. No problem at all, it only would overheat/restart if you use the NFC night clock function (which I believe should be improved soon since its a common complaint). Yeah aside from that every morning I just pick up my phone and go, no issues what so ever

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb