I swear I got a huge scratch through my invisible shield

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on my second Lumia 920 here.... so dissapointed with their manufacturing.... This one I treated like a newborn baby.

Put an invisible shield screen protector on it the second day. Spent an hour trying to get it perfectly smooth and eventually got it on their without a single blemish. Two months later, this phone now needs replacement due to this creaking and clicking issue near the power button. Holy crap... next time I think I'm going HTC or Surface Phone. I wonder how many sales Nokia is losing of their awesome 4.4 million number to all these defects?

So I take my screen protector off and low and behold there is a GIANT scratch along the top. I can't even fathom how this happened. There was not a single blemish when I put the screen protector on and now there is this enormous scratch. This is supposed to be impenetrable invisible shield!

I suppose its in the softer oleophobic layer but that doesn't really matter... what is the point of scratch resistant gorilla glass when you have a scratch prone layer on top to show all the scratches? And how the **** did this happen through the screen protector?

Maybe I should complain to Zagg about this.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That oleophobic layer is really messing with what would be a very durable screen.

My Kindle Fire has been seriously abused including dropping on asphalt directly face down from 5 feet and is basically blemish free. I know if I dropped the 920, the screen would have a zillion scratches in the oleophobic coating.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine bumped against a wall a short distance, and the screen is covered in scratches all along the side now. I figured I would just wait and see if they made any revisions that reduce the scratches, and replace the screen with the newer revision eventually. The chassis and screen surround received no scratches at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte