How Often Do You Restart Your Lumia 920?

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
just wondering what others do. i restart mine every morning when i get up. i take it off the charger then turn it off then back on. i tend to think this helps with my battery life during the day but i have no proof of that. but i do get good daily battery life every day that i do that. speaking of restarting, i wish the OS had a restart and turn off option instead of just a turn off option.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine has a built-in automatic, random reboot ....

That might explain your avatar!

It's hard for me to say how often I restart my phone. It'll go weeks without restarting, but at times I might be around once a week.

Last week it was doing a weird thing and discharging on the charger... Restart seemed to fix it.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I restart about once every two days. Helps shut down those apps that don't really close even though you DID close them an hour ago.

And I'd like to say I HATE how it re-pins the "All Inboxes" back on my Home screen EVERY G****MN TIME!!!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Didnt manually reboot at all unless it crashes, but now whenever I get an update for any of the Nokia system apps like extras I reboot.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
just wondering what others do. i restart mine every morning when i get up. i take it off the charger then turn it off then back on. i tend to think this helps with my battery life during the day but i have no proof of that. but i do get good daily battery life every day that i do that. speaking of restarting, i wish the OS had a restart and turn off option instead of just a turn off option.

I believe if you hold down the power button, it will reboot/restart you phone.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with OP. First thing in the morning. Hold over from BB days. But I haven't picked my phone up at noon only to find a dead battery because some app hung up since I started doing this. Portico did not fix ALL the problems.

Scipio Magnus

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I find that since I use head phones all the time and still run into the volume locking at 15 and not going up or down I end up rebooting to correct this about every other day.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I had to reboot mine after having CloudMuzik, but I've only rebooted one other time. So twice in a little less than a month.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I was restarting (soft reset) my phone once a day or so because I felt that my battery was having issues. The restart though started causing my live tiles to act up, so I quit doing that. Now I would only restart if I get a lockup or something similar.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont really reset my phone unless it locks up, obviously. But usually i dont, i've had my phone for almost 3 weeks now and only restarted once and that was the 2nd day i got it for no reason other than to see if the battery level % would change. Working great since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss