Music through Bluetooth in car sounds noisy/staticky

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a problem with the sound quality of playing music through Bluetooth in their cars, as opposed to plugging it in with an auxilliary cable? When plugged in, the music is clear, but when I use Bluetooth on my 920 to play the music, a lot of the music is just unbearable for me to listen to because of static that seems to come through on the higher pitched tones and music that has more electric guitar type sounds. I hate having to plug my phone in, given the fact that I got so used to my Lumia 900 sounding great over Bluetooth and not having to deal with a cable. Has anyone else had an issue like this and found a way to correct it.

After the Portico update recently, just about every single complaint that I could have had with the 920 and/or WP8 was gone, but this one lingering Bluetooth audio issue remains.

If it makes a difference, the car I am having the problem in is a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the MyGig entertainment system in it.

I would love to get this problem fixed, so that I could officially say that I do not have a single real complaint about my Lumia 920.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That could just be a select few of people that issues is affecting because I use bluetooth everyday in my car and it sounds amazing. Is there anything in your car that could interfere with the signal from your phone to your receiver? and have you tried connecting to any other bluetooth device that uses voice or music?

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Ryker, thanks for the reply. Good recommendation on trying it with another Bluetooth device. I just connected my phone over Bluetooth to my Sony VAIO L Series all-in-one running Windows 8 and the sound was perfect. I guess it is my Jeep's Bluetooth system that has the problem and not actually my phone.

So I guess I am now 99.9% happy with my Lumia 920 (the .01% of unhappiness is due to the only other complaint that I just thought of for having Kid's Corner PIN protected, so I always have to unlock my phone for my son).

Now, I guess I just have to figure out how on Earth to make my Jeep's Bluetooth work better. :(

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Try calling your car's dealer or repair shop and tell them about it. Maybe the bluetooth module in your car is defective OR maybe it needs a firmware update to be compatible with certain phones.

Also, try looking at Jeep Garage - Jeep Owners Forum forums, you may find new software/firmware updates there without the need to visit the dealer.

brado32

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue.. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler with myGIG... I cant play music over bluetooth.. It skips and sounds horrible..

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just going to add that the issue I have is not really with quality, but it always seems to stutter and skip like a bad record or a stream problem. Its a frequent and random thing. And its not from streaming. In the sense of music from the cloud... Its music in the phone. Pushing pause and then play rectifies this... And or pressing the power button on the phone to wake it will stop the skipping. I don't even have to lift the lock screen... Just turn the screen on. Its weird and I didn't have this issue with my sprint arrive or the iPhone 5.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with static particularly on rock snare drums, but I figured it was the speakers in my car. Have another issue with the SMS text to voice feature not working during playback that is definitely a 920 issue, but no one else seems to have it.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same exact issue, except it happens if I play songs through the PHONE speaker as well. At first, it started on my 2011 Ford Fusion. I would play through Bluetooth and the pops,squeaks,screeches, etc were unbearable. Then, I started playing them through my phone speakers and it still happens. What I have found is that it happens with the native music player, but when I use MetroRadio or Nokia Music it doesn't happen, so I'm assuming it's just a bug with Windows Phone 8.Between the broken promises and bugs that keep coming up, I just get depressed with this platform sometimes. How does any of this stuff pass QA and UAT (if there are any in existence over there)....?

I have been in contact with @WindowsPhoneSupport on twitter, and they asked for a video. I gave them a link to it on my SkyDrive and they keep dodging the issue and asking for more stuff. For example, I sent them a video of the pops and skip noises coming through my phone speaker and then they asked for a video of it on another song? Are you serious? It happened and you heard it, so why keep dancing around it? :devil::eck:

format

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue in my Chrysler 200... believe its the same radio as in the Jeep... MyGig... the same .mp3 file on my 920 is like I have blown speakers, Samsung Focus over bluetooth, and copied to the hard drive in the car's entertainment system sound awesome...

My wifes 920 does the same thing...

btw, when I first got the car it had a studdering issue with the bluetooth streaming from my old focus and was able to find a firmware update for it... once applied it was rock solid on that device....

I did also have issues with my 920 connecting to it before the portico\firmware updates in december... now it connects consistantly and fast... but the music is staticy.

JFossTheBoss

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Definitely has to do with the car. I use Bluetooth for my music in my 91 VR4, and its nice and clear... But seriously, I installed a JVC headunit and its fine.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I could see it being both ways, a duel party issue. Compatibility could be an issue, but I don't see why any speaker system would be incompatible with the Nokia Lumia. The only issue I ever have is my Bluetooth not connecting to my headunit, and when that happens all I have to do is a simple restart. Although its some what of a bother when all I want to do is listen to my music. A possible reason that I could think of with the phone is a unstable connection, which I have noticed. The Bluetooth has to send over the songs to your headunit for it to play, so it could be that the phone isn't sending the file very well, or the receiver isn't receiving it correctly.

changodigital

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same thing started with my 2012 mazda3, I would set the volume high on my phone and the audio would would playback smoothly, then suddenly it stopped working and now I have to turn my volume in car higher and thus the hissing and crackles can be heard, a little odd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon