Me and My Lumia 920... a love story but it didn't last long..

kid3o

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
first of all sorry for my bad English
sweaty.png

Last year i decided to make the jump and enter the world of Smartphones.. every single person around me was speaking about Galaxy SIII or the IPhone.. but i was looking for something totally different.. i was waiting for the Nokia-Microsoft combo to strike.. Lumia 920.. I'm totally into the system and the hardware.. i have watched the announcement event, Mr. Elop's AllThingsD interview, WP8 launch event and even some of BUILD sessions (to understand the system a little deeper, i'm not a developer.. at least not yet =D)..in addition to tons of articles that moved in front of my eyes for weeks...

i'm from Bahrain.. Studying abroad in Egypt "Cairo University"... i was waiting for the arrival of the phone in my homeland and once it did (in 12/12) my father bought one and sent it to me by mail.. after one week it landed in Egypt to enter the Airport customs in Cairo..i had to wait another week and then they told me to go and take it.. the Airport is 1 hour away.. i left my Collage practical session and went to them.. for nothing but to tell me that i have to wait another week hhhh as i need to bring a conformation from the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology..after another week I visited them again and after 3 hours of waiting they gave it to me..

it was nearly perfect and problem-free (i didn't notice any of the common reported problems) with exception of the battery life "in the first 2 days only".. i really love photography i captured every single second with it..a loved the experience a lot..beautiful design "both lumia and WP"...the great services.. the incredibly fantastic transition animations.. every single detail..

but it didn't last...today i was walking in the street i noticed a great scene.. a tree free of leaves..interacting with the sun rays in a beautiful manner..in my mind it was i great B&W picture..i turned the camera on..pointed my phone toward the tree..totally focusing on the composition..framing...it was a matter of seconds..the phone disappeared from my hands..two thieves on motorcycle took it from me and ran away.. i was surprised..i didn't even move for awhile... and it GONE..my beloved yellow Lumia 920 is GONE..

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
wow,that is absolutely insane. I feel bad enough for you that if i had the money, i would wire it to you for another phone. I cant imagine someone just coming up and taking my phone out of my hands.

I feel for you, sorry this happened.

Shawn

nstine20

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's terrible. I don't know if this feature is available where you live, but at least in the US you can use the find my phone feature from windowsphone.com to track where your phone is. It might be worth giving it a shot.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That is horrible. I'm so sorry to read a story like this, sorry this happened to you. :unhappy: Some people are just downright evil. I hope you can get another Lumia 920 to replace the one that was stolen.

mrf430

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Damn thats terrible man! I hope you can use the find my phone feature to get it back, and crack a few heads while you're at it, its ok, they deserve it!:devil:

ltipto1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
That is so sad... I ordered my Lumia 920 from AT&T and it was delivered to my home in only 4 days. Unfortunately, the fourth day was last Monday and I am away from home on business until Saturday!!! My phone is there and I am here and I can't wait to get home and explore all the new things that the 920 and WP have.

A one week delay is hard, but not nearly so hard as your story.

kid3o

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks every one for your feelings..
I have tried to use the Find My Phone feature but it doesn't work right here
cry.png
i'm going home today.. i might get another one.."668.42 US Dollars isn't easy to afford".. or i will wait a couple of months..

@ltipto1
yes it's hard to wait..but be sure that you will love it...

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
this is a lesson to all Lumia owners. most of us live in a developed country with advanced carriers that offer somewhat affordable subsidized phones and we take them for granted and whine about them.
people living in less developed countries have to pay their phone outright at the point of purchase, pay at a higher price, and have to face double, triple the risk of thief, no insurance, and no GPS-phone-tracking feature.

appreciate what you have people because it is beautiful and you will miss it once it's gone

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It's very unfortunate to lose the phone within minutes. I've take both theft and accidental insurance for my phone. It costs peanuts, but gives me peace of mind....

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain and helpless at that moment... Is it possible to track the phone by any ways that might be possible?

In my countries, only iPhone would be robbed. But I think I would be more careful now especially lumia 920 is a compelling stuff

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That is so tragic and I am sincerely sorry to hear this happened to you! Like some have mentioned here in the U.S. it has been a pattern of iPhones being stolen more so, I can be wrong, however it seems here in NYC for example, most victims of smartphone theft were iPhone owners. I had the misfortune of experiencing this myself, I had an iPhone 4, put it in my locker at a local gym, came back and it was gone! I got a replacement but still many things I had on it were lost forever -iCloud was just really getting underway back then. Now I have a Lumia 920 and even though it's not as widely used by comp to iPhones and Android family phones from a user standpoint, I am leary of having it out while walking the streets of NYC at times for fear someone will walk up and snatch it right out of my hands. Really a shame to be honest but the way of things unfortunately. Again, I'm very sorry to hear your phone was stolen!

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I know this feeling. Also upset to report that the Lumias do not have any option to put any type lanyard or wristlet thing. At least they would have to take your arm with the phone, and not be able to snatch it that easy.

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
We need a security feature/app that activates the FFC to take a snapshot of the thief and then automatically send it to the feds

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs