Sent 920 in for repair, vibration motor died, replaced it

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Presently surprised that they ended up replacing it with a new 920.

I assumed a vibration motor was a relatively simple fix and I'd get my same 920 back, but just got the email and they replaced my device, delivery estimate is on Monday.

Pretty happy with that.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
That's good to hear. I've talked to both live chat and on the phone customer service...both occasions resulted in me face palming. I just feel like the two I spoke/chatted with had no idea what they were talking about in regards to my battery issue.

I still haven't sent my phone out, but mainly because I would be without a phone in the meantime. When did you send yours out? How long was the whole turn around?

SofaTester

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't sent my phone out, but mainly because I would be without a phone in the meantime. When did you send yours out? How long was the whole turn around?

I sent mine out on a Wednesday, they pay for the 2 day air shipping, they got it friday, status didn't change until Monday that it was being analyzed and/or repaired, then today I got the email/update it had been replaced and shipped, with delivery expected Monday.

Eki_13

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
my motor died too. is there any way to try to fix it via software? the problem is that it is embedded in motherboard so i will have to wait 2+ weeks to be replaced

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb