Phone 'Forgetting last played track'

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that sometimes when I press a volume key to start playback of a paused song my L820 'forgets' the track, like I have just restarted my phone. Its quite annoying if you listen to talk tracks and have to find the place you left off by fast forwarding.

Does anyone else have this issue? I ve flashed the latest ROM for my region and my SD cards seems to work (cant use explorer in Windows to copy files but can use the Windows 8 sync app.

Cheers!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been seeing this problem too. I don't know if it always had this problem, or if it was introduced in Portico. It is a little bit annoying.

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not on Portico yet so it looks like this has been a problem for a while (and it hasn't been fixed). I'm starting to think it's an sd card issue but I don't have any other cards to test (that work).

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
This will happen if you have Whatsapp installed, it's a horrible solution which could be sorted if they just wrote the app properly.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on Portico yet so it looks like this has been a problem for a while (and it hasn't been fixed). I'm starting to think it's an sd card issue but I don't have any other cards to test (that work).

I'm having the issue, and I'm on a Lumia 920, without an SD slot.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep I have noticed that since I have Lumia 920 and it is annoying, I almost always have to start playlist from the beginning because it doesn't "memorize" last played song. Really pissing and that's one of these few little things that should stay intact since WP7. I don't understand also why Microsoft doesn't give a d*** about all these issues and is not fixing them immediately. Look it's been over a month since Portico (just a MINOR) update is out and hasn't yet reached the world except US. If that will be the case with all upcoming updates then the only way to be getting improved version of the system will be to get a new phone every year, when they come with the new version of the OS, really that is even worse then Android.

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand also why Microsoft doesn't give a d*** about all these issues and is not fixing them immediately. Look it's been over a month since Portico (just a MINOR) update is out and hasn't yet reached the world except US. If that will be the case with all upcoming updates then the only way to be getting improved version of the system will be to get a new phone every year, when they come with the new version of the OS, really that is even worse then Android.

Yes, that's it.
MS strategy is always the same, since from WM: no major update, very few customers requests implemented, almost all basic OS features delegated to 3rd part app

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue on my 820 since the day I bought it with and without Portico. Also the audio tends to rewind a few seconds quite often in particular while I'm driving after hitting a bump. IE I'm listening to audio I hit a bump,the audio rewinds back maybe 3-4 seconds and then will play for 30 seconds and do the same thing again. The media player is really garbage on these devices and that's one of my most used features. even more than text or talk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs