Rogers Unlocked Warranty Question..

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having to send in my 920 as I'm having multiple issues with it, but, I was curious how they handle Rogers unlocked devices... Will they give me back an unlocked 920, or, will I be forced to pay Robbers $50 again? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks..

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having to send in my 920 as I'm having multiple issues with it, but, I was curious how they handle Rogers unlocked devices... Will they give me back an unlocked 920, or, will I be forced to pay Robbers $50 again? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks..

I sent by lumia 920 to fix. Rogers would not take it back because they unlocked it (brr ? :/ ). Sent it to nokia. The nokia rep my sister (as she is in Canada and I am not) spoke to on the phone said that if they have to replace the phone, they cannot guarantee that it will come back unlocked and more than likely we will have to take it back to rogers to unlock it again. IF rogers will charge you or not.. well... I don't know as she got back my phone to day but has not picked it up yet... I'm guessing they just changed some parts as opposed to replacing it.

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering about this myself. The only difference is that my phone CAME unlocked. If I have to send it in for repair and I get a locked one back, that would mean I got a device of lesser value than what I bought no?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering about this myself. The only difference is that my phone CAME unlocked. If I have to send it in for repair and I get a locked one back, that would mean I got a device of lesser value than what I bought no?

If it's from Rogers , then Rogers would have unlocked it.

Yes, I guess. :/

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Update for those curious.

Nokia said they couldn't do it, but, after an email to Mr. Elop they are going to unlock it for me.

New 920 enroute, then I have to msg them and they will send me an unlock code. Phew.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Update for those curious.

Nokia said they couldn't do it, but, after an email to Mr. Elop they are going to unlock it for me.

New 920 enroute, then I have to msg them and they will send me an unlock code. Phew.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Did you email Mr.Elop to get the unlock code ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte