DaPhuck? New record, battery dead in 5 hours???

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No change in anything I have done, picked up the phone off the wireless charger this morning at 6:30 when I headed out, noticed when going to check e-mail at 9:30 it was pretty low and then at 11:30 checked it again and it was at 12%. No games playing, nothing running in background, just checked the weather when I got up, 5 minutes on facebook, updated my alphajax games for 5 minutes, and thats it.

Normally I go all day, with more activity than this, and rest it on the wireless charger every night at like 11 when I go to bed. I double checked settings and I have NFC/Bluetooth/WiFi/Location services all turned off as usual. I went on a trip yesterday and used the GPS but battery lasted until I went to bed last night and I turned location back off when I got home.

Thoughts?

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No change in anything I have done, picked up the phone off the wireless charger this morning at 6:30 when I headed out, noticed when going to check e-mail at 9:30 it was pretty low and then at 11:30 checked it again and it was at 12%. No games playing, nothing running in background, just checked the weather when I got up, 5 minutes on facebook, updated my alphajax games for 5 minutes, and thats it.

Normally I go all day, with more activity than this, and rest it on the wireless charger every night at like 11 when I go to bed. I double checked settings and I have NFC/Bluetooth/WiFi/Location services all turned off as usual. I went on a trip yesterday and used the GPS but battery lasted until I went to bed last night and I turned location back off when I got home.

Thoughts?

Just me. But I have found updating, loading apps, and running the GPS, if I re-boot my 920, the battery will last longer. Also I had a battery app to keep up with the discharge rate. The app was the cause of my discharge. I don't mind re-booting the 920. I had a BB for 2 years, and re-boot was my friend. But as I said, that's just me.

ps, I just went to settings and looked at the battery level. I was at 86% and 14 hours left. Re-booted and it's at 86% with 1 day and 17 hours left. That's with 6 hours off the charger. For sure it's a funky o/s and phone! But I knew this at the get go!

Last edited:

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Thoughts?

this is another reason why i restart my phone every morning right after i take it off the charger. sounds like you had a rogue process running in background that you knew nothing about. a restart would have killed that thus keeping your battery life.

faded03cobra

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Take it back and get another if your within the time. My first one had issues with battery life and shutting off. SInce I got my new one it's been perfect. All these so called fixes are something you should not have to do. Take it back and get what you paid for......a phone that works properly

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Take it back and get another if your within the time. My first one had issues with battery life and shutting off. SInce I got my new one it's been perfect. All these so called fixes are something you should not have to do. Take it back and get what you paid for......a phone that works properly

Well! That is true also!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro