Messaging App issues

gdsaar

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Aside from the issue I previously posted regarding me not receiving texts (I still feel my phone conspires against me and fails to give me a text here and there), it seems my Messaging App is buggy as of today. The app sometimes just 'force closes' (I'm an ex-Android user so I'm using terminology I'm familiar with) and kicks me out the very moment I try to open it, and the times I do get it open, there is a noticeable lag in the phone attempting to load my messages. The biggest issue now aside from all this is that I am having problems sending out messages; I type a message and press send and it's almost as if the phone doesn't even respond. I try to 'back out' of the whole problem with the thread and then when I am presented with the threads list in the messaging, my phone displays "No messages". I've restarted the phone a couple times and sometimes wait things out...I've been able to send/receive a few texts despite these issues but they just keep coming back. I'm not sure what caused this at all. My best guess is that it might be that I have too many texts? With Android I know there was an option to auto-delete messages for memory and performance issues but I don't feel as though I've been hitting an upper bound that would cause the lag...I'm hoping I don't have to reset my phone but I'm worried it's the only option I have left!

gdsaar

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I found an older posting with what I think is my same issue: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/205932-messaging-app-problem.html -- I have accounts that are having a problem syncing, Google, Twitter, and my Microsoft account. The user at the bottom recommends uninstalling Skype. I don't have Skype on my phone, but I do also remember that I merged my Microsoft Account with my Skype username earlier today on my computer. That might be somehow strangely causing the problem? But I still don't know if the solution would be to hard reset. Please advise

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos