Back removal, microSD card access and file copy speed

edge540

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with a Lumia 820 confirm just how difficult getting the back cover off/on to remove the uSD card actually is? TechRadar made a big thing of it.

The reason I ask is that I'll be copying .wtv files recorded on my Media Center PC for viewing and am concerned that this will be slow via the USB cable but faster if I can put the card into a dedicated high speed reader.

Maybe someone can allay my fears...?

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's tough at first, but as you remove more often, you learn the trick, and the case gets 'dented', so you can (more) easily stick your nail in.

jlink38

May 20, 2012
Visit site
You're better off removing the SD card and using an adapter; the copy speed with the card in the phone is annoyingly slow. It must be mounting the SD card as an MTP device, causing it to be slow and unreliable.

topliner967

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It's really not that hard to remove the cover. First few times it might be a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it's not a big deal.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
It is not that difficult , about the same as as any other device whose battery cover needs to be removed this way. The SD card removal is easy, you just push it in and it pops out.

The one annoying thing is that the battery falls out when you remove the cover, not a problem but just something to be aware off.
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
If you don't have finger nails (like me) removing the back cover can be a pain. My wireless charging cover seems to be a bit harder to get off to compared to the standard cover. The best way to remove it is to press your thumb on the area right of the camera to get the cover separated a bit from the phone. Then move your thumb to the center of the cover, and press down hard on the cover with your thumb. It will help the cover pop off easier while removing it with your fingers. :)

edge540

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses.

I'm choosing between this and the HTC8s (?100 cheaper). I think I'm probably going to plump for the Nokia - even the wife who never likes me spending money, thought the non-removable battery in the htc might be a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre