So you sent your Lumia 920 into Nokia for a warranty issue... What was your turnaround time?

voluptuary xda

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I just sent mine off to get the FFC/Proximity dust issue fixed and I was wondering what everyone's turnaround time has been since warranty servicing seems to be quite common with these things. Also, if you could share if they fixed your device or just sent you a new one. And, could you share what region you are from, for example Nokia US will be handling my warranty. Thanks in advance to everyone that replies. :smile:

P.S. Feel free to share why you had to send your device in for repair too.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
About 2 weeks.

I did not get a replacement though. Parts were changed in mine. Battery was dying too quickly in mine. I believe they changed the battery. (Have not gotten it back yet as my sister is the one in Canada doing the transactions for me). She does say that the battery estimated remaining time is 2days+ which is double than it was before.

I'm supposed to get it back either Sunday or Monday. *fingers crossed*

Nokia Canada.

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Received by Nokia on jan 9 and received jan18.

On that Friday morning Nokia Canada Care rep emailed me about the replacing the phone as it have issues.It could take two to three weeks cause there are no new stock yet.By 1 pm , I received a package from Nokia and I was surprised cause Nokia rep told that I will get a replacement in two to three weeks.Then, I opened the package and it still the same phone.I emailed them about getting the same phone and still waiting on the reply.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First time it took 6 calendar days, sent for the creaking/bending top (issue unfortunately appeared after the 14 day limit), returned as sent (not fixed that is) by Nokia UK.

Second time is now, collected 3 days ago (Thursday 17/01) and arrived at the Repair Centre on Friday 18/01.

I am not very optimistic as even after sending them a video of the issue the customer rep that called me had no clue what was going on.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Update: received today (Tuesday 22/01) a replacement handset from Nokia UK with a nice letter explaining what they did and why. Total turnaround: 4 business days including collection and delivery. Not bad at all.

My pessimism seems to have been misplaced, Nokia has actually lived up to its lofty reputation for customer service.

The new handset BTW seems much sturdier than the original, no creaks, noises, bending etc.

In my opinion, whoever has polycarbonate body issues like I had (especially the widespread bending/creaking top) should exchange if at all possible, the phone is probably faulty.

voluptuary xda

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Update: received today (Tuesday 22/01) a replacement handset from Nokia UK with a nice letter explaining what they did and why. Total turnaround: 4 business days including collection and delivery. Not bad at all.

My pessimism seems to have been misplaced, Nokia has actually lived up to its lofty reputation for customer service.

The new handset BTW seems much sturdier than the original, no creaks, noises, bending etc.

In my opinion, whoever has polycarbonate body issues like I had (especially the widespread bending/creaking top) should exchange if at all possible, the phone is probably faulty.
Did they give you a reason why they didn't do anything the first time and now they did this time? That seems kinda odd. Glad it worked out in the end though.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did they give you a reason why they didn't do anything the first time and now they did this time? That seems kinda odd. Glad it worked out in the end though.

They said they didn't pick up the bending/creaking the first time and they only fixed the bricking (it was bricked when I reset it the night before prior to the collection).

The call was for the bending/creaking issue and not the bricking, I believe someone messed up at the outsourced Repair Centre (I am in the UK).

Second time I expected a repair (the polycarbonate body is easily replaceable) but they went one step further. The replacement is absolutely fantastic, it came with 3 QC stickers on the packaging.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Sent mine in on Monday with a camera issue and received it back with the exact same camera issue. Looks like they've just flashed with updated software. ****ing useless.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sent mine in on Monday with a camera issue and received it back with the exact same camera issue. Looks like they've just flashed with updated software. ****ing useless.

Indeed, I thought so the first time and when I was asked to send it back the second time I despaired.

When you get in touch ask for them to escalate and don't leave the phone/chat until someone is actively calling you from higher up, I did this and someone called me while I was on the phone/chat with 1st line.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Indeed, I thought so the first time and when I was asked to send it back the second time I despaired.

When you get in touch ask for them to escalate and don't leave the phone/chat until someone is actively calling you from higher up, I did this and someone called me while I was on the phone/chat with 1st line.

I did that and got nowhere. I just gave in and booked it in for another repair.

I've been seething all afternoon so I just sat own and wrote a lengthy email to Stephen Elop about my thoughts on the antiquated warranty process. I hope he reads it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes