Lumia vs toilet

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I recall a guy in the next urinal having a full blown conversation on his mobile whilst taking a leak..! I mean, what was wrong with guy? Was he so important that he couldn't ignore his phone for the 30 seconds it take to have a leak..!

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was actually asleep at the time. He had it on the sink apparently after he flushed and bumped it in. So I 'm neither a pisshead or a **** head. Thank God! Had to take out some water from the sim tray though. Other than that my yellow lumia lives on.

Vmac71

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I did the exact same thing, within the same week I got it. My phone has become my past time, while in the bathroom, and I somehow accidentally knocked it off the sink into the toilet. Like you, I grabbed it out, and expected it to now longer function, but to my surprise it worked as normal and no water seemed to get int the phone itself. So, it wasn't just a fluke. The Nokia 920 is a very well constructed phone. I wiped it down with some alcohol and called it a day.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
you might have your warranty void though as nokia put a water-sensing chemical paper inside the device and it might already have reacted with the moisture and turned red

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
As long as no one has used the toilet without flushing, the water in the toilet is so clean you can drink it.

Actually, a toilet as a lot more cleaner than a work desk, keyboard, kitchen bench...you name it. Even your urine is drinkable as long as it's fresh and hot. In the old days, when they got hold on a bottle of liquor in the prisons, one person drank it, pissed it out and the next person drank the piss, pissed it out and and so on...since it still contained alcohol.

Somehow people immediately think about germs and **** when they hear the word "toilet", but there are far more scary things you put your hands and face in..all the time, everyday.

The water in the tank is clean enough to drink. However, flush or not, unless you disinfect the toilet bowl after each use, I would not necessarily consider the water in the bowl to be safe to drink.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I recall a guy in the next urinal having a full blown conversation on his mobile whilst taking a leak..! I mean, what was wrong with guy? Was he so important that he couldn't ignore his phone for the 30 seconds it take to have a leak..!

I like to multitask on the toilet myself :)

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The water in the tank is clean enough to drink. However, flush or not, unless you disinfect the toilet bowl after each use, I would not necessarily consider the water in the bowl to be safe to drink.

I agree, although urine will be sterile, the water even after flushing won't be free from bacteria. Bleech will kill it if you had one of those bleech release thing with every flush. But with that much amount of bleech, would you really want to drink that water?

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree, although urine will be sterile, the water even after flushing won't be free from bacteria. Bleech will kill it if you had one of those bleech release thing with every flush. But with that much amount of bleech, would you really want to drink that water?

Bacteria that wont make you dead. I'm not saying anyone should drink it, but if the world is going under and that's the only freshwater left in your house...bring your friends and neighbors over for a drink of nice toiletwater :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire