Lumia vs toilet

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I like to read news articles, Facebook, check my DeviantArt, etc while on the toilet (especially at work where all I have to look at is the stall door). With that said, I'm ALWAYS terrified something like this will happen to me. Glad to know my L920 should come out smelling like roses... er, metaphorically.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, science can tell you what a spesific bacteria can do, but drinking from the toilet will not kill you. It doesn't kill dogs, cats, rats or any other animal out there. Half the world drink water that's more dirty than our toiletwater.

Cheers :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just disinfect your toilet bowl with pure alcohol until you have 70 volume percent alcohol and 30 percent water, and you'll be fine. I always disinfect with 70 % alcohol in the lab, nothing ever survived.

And drinking your toilet water will much more fun with 70 % alcohol in it!

I like e.coli on my phone! ;)

I think many people have them on their phones, everybody who doesn't wash his/her hands very well after going to the toilet ;-)

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, science can tell you what a spesific bacteria can do, but drinking from the toilet will not kill you. It doesn't kill dogs, cats, rats or any other animal out there. Half the world drink water that's more dirty than our toiletwater.

Well, dogs also eat poop, raw animals, and vomit, but I wouldn't recommend doing that either.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
So this is the popular topic for today? lol.. I hope nobody starts a threat titled 'WP 8 Users Post Your Poo Poo And Pee Pee Pics'

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just disinfect your toilet bowl with pure alcohol until you have 70 volume percent alcohol and 30 percent water, and you'll be fine. I always disinfect with 70 % alcohol in the lab, nothing ever survived.

And drinking your toilet water will much more fun with 70 % alcohol in it!

I think many people have them on their phones, everybody who doesn't wash his/her hands very well after going to the toilet ;-)

What's the total volume of water in the toilet to start with? I doubt adding alcohol to make up 70% will stay in the bowl. Generally the volume is fixed in the bowl, no? It will the keep draining away!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
What's the total volume of water in the toilet to start with? I doubt adding alcohol to make up 70% will stay in the bowl. Generally the volume is fixed in the bowl, no? It will the keep draining away!

There won't come any new water into the bowl, so sooner or later you'll reach your 70 % as long as you keep pouring alcohol into it. But you would also lose a lot of alcohol in the process. So, not very economical indeed. But I think it's well worth the effort if somebody wants to drink from the water (actually it was a joke, what a waste of perfectly good alcohol that would be ;-) ), for everybody else I'm sure there are commercial products available with more efficiency that are cheaper (and hopefully won't kill nature after it gets into the sewer, please don't just take anything).

I was thinking about the potentially pathological germs found on toilets and toilet floors, and I believe that could be very accurate if the samples were taken from public toilets. Also, the source linked on this webpage I trust the most - as it was scientifically published - even states: "The survival and environmental spread of Salmonella bacteria from domestic toilets was examined in homes, where a family member had recently suffered an attack of salmonellosis.". So no wonder they found Salmonella there.

I do not believe I have any Salmonella or Campylobacter in my personal bathroom as I don't know anybody ever infected and I'm careful with food that could be infected.

If you wonder why I'm writing all of this, I think it's pretty on topic. I had to go to the toilet and it did not really work out nicely, so I missed the early train. TMI? I'm pretty sure. :angel: ...and I didn't even have my phone with me.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Also remember that after the dog licks the toilet clean, he will come running at the owner and start licking their face.
Its good that I dont have pets, dont even want one cuz of this reason. :devil:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Also remember that after the dog licks the toilet clean, he will come running at the owner and start licking their face.
Its good that I dont have pets, dont even want one cuz of this reason. :devil:

You can train your dog to simply not doing this. And I've never heard of somebody being killed by "Infectious dog licking". ;)

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
That reminds me when some girl dropped her phone on the subway tracks and tried to go after. But bystanders grabbed her because they heard a train coming.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786