Front Camera Dust Problem

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know there is a thread here, but I tried using a compressed air duster and lots of other stuff, and it didn't work. Some help please? Thanks.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had 2 and they're both like it. I'm just gonna put up with it, they're probably all the same. Blow through with an air line / compressed air

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
It is covered by Nokia under warranty. Good luck finding a replacement that doesn't collect dust though. The replacement they sent me has the exact same issue.

nehfun

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It's not worth it to switch for a new one. How often will you be using your front camera anyway? The only purpose of it would be to take pictures of yourself or to Skype. If there were issues of dust being in the back camera, then that's a problem.

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am on my second replacement for this exact issue. Phone #3 is starting to exhibit dust in the FFC too. This is a design flaw inherent to the 920.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
yeah, got my lumia this past Thursday at radioshack and it already has dust and on top of that i have rattle on vibrate, this might go back and see if i stick with the 920. I really wanted to enjoy this phone.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
It's not worth it to switch for a new one. How often will you be using your front camera anyway? The only purpose of it would be to take pictures of yourself or to Skype. If there were issues of dust being in the back camera, then that's a problem.

I use my front camera quite a bit and I'll use it even more when Skype gets its issues sorted out.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since early November, and I do not have any dust issues with my front facing camera. It may be a problem with some 920's, but not all of them have the problem.

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second replacement for this exact issue. Phone #3 is starting to exhibit dust in the FFC too. This is a design flaw inherent to the 920.

It's not just the 920.
My 820 has the exact same problem as well - I haven't given it much thought as I've never used the front cam but it does mar the look on an otherwise perfect-looking phone.

MikamiEamon

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it's just waste of time to get replacement just for this dust issue. It's already proved this is a hardware design flaw.
The edge of display and it's frame above the front camera and the proximity sensor is just too thin to be sealed air-tight.
When you look closely along the seam around the Nokia logo area, you can see dust accumulated inside the seam. And the seam around above front camera and proximity sensor had a very tiny gap. That's where the dust goes into the camera and the proximity sensor.
Once the dust polluting the proximity sensor enough, you will get the problem of screen blackout while making calls.

MikamiEamon

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What now I'm doing with mine is sucking out the dust by using vacuum.. And affix an ugly transparent tape on the seam, so that dust will no longer go in.
I don't care front camera got dust...but I do mind that proximity sensor got blocked out.

MikamiEamon

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Nokia can fix this issue easily. Unlike Apple Inc could give a free bumper to solve the iPhone 4 antenna gate. This time Nokia got the challenge how to seal that tiny area after the positions of front camera and proximity sensor have been placed so close to the edge of digitalizer glass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte