At work No Signal inside then no LTE sig outside until reboot!

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This could be an AT&T issue but might as well just blame both AT&T and Nokia! :)

Hi, I work in a Auto-factory Paint Shop we have a lot of Robot's and a lot of electrical devices and panels everywhere! We have a Verizon repeater in our shop for our Enterprise Laptops and Cell Phones which we suspected could be the cause for AT&T not getting a solid signal in house... The Sprint phones people use seem to work really well in areas where there is a lot of electrical disturbance where the AT&T connections are rare or one or two bars at most... I tried calling AT&T to come out but found out Corporate Enterprise service through Verizon they sign some silly contract stating no other company that provides services can come onto our property to solicit services mainly I cannot bring them into our building for any reason...

I do get full bars outside but inside it's usually no bars at all...

My main beef is to Nokia, AT&T and possibly Microsoft is why when I get no signal all day when I go outside my phone stays stuck in 3G, Edge until I either flick back and forth from Airplane mode or reboot my phone?? I have full 4G LTE otherwise... I know there needs to be some handshake crap from the services but the phone should find a way to deliver the best network possible regardless!

And for anyone wondering a few of us at work have purchased repeaters but they are not like the ones that cost 8k to whatever k these are the ones you buy for home but they have a 100 to 300 ft radios and where I work that's a huge joke!

I keep forgetting to reboot after work and would call someone and they sounded really bad and well tell them hold on need to reboot or restart my cellular connection..

I just thought to share this with you guys that might have the same issue and wanted it fixed or just want to cry about it with me! ;)

I also did think or hope the 4G LTE band was a different frequency and could penetrate the walls better or just penetrate the entire work environment I am working in but that proved to be false for me...

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I think that could just be a Nokia Lumia issue as it happens with my phone as well, but thinking back the same thing happened with my HTC One X on AT&T whenever I am in school. I believe that the phone has a hard time refinding a signal after being in a dead zone for quite some time. So with your original statement being AT&T and Nokia you are correct it seems!

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No need reboot! Just flight on then flight off your sig will come back

You read anything through? This is already being done... It needs to be fixed is what I am whining about! But need to know if other networks do the same like doesn't Verizon CDMA network and phones do this? I don't remember my Verizon phone having this issue seems it only happened when I switched to AT&T GSM network...

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My 920 does the same thing. My home office is in my basement, lousy cell reception there. I have to toggle airplane mode to get LTE back.

FCastle88

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Curious if you have battery saver turned on when this happens? I just discovered mine has similar issues getting a signal after being in a dead zone, and it seems to be connected to battery saver. If I turn battery saver off before I lose signal, the phone instantly has 4G signal when there's service again, though the battery does drain a bit. I'm guessing battery saver is keeping the phone from constantly searching for a signal to conserve power, but it won't properly reacquire the signal after leaving the dead zone.

jamesdean74

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Not a 920 owner, though I might be soon, I currently have an iphone 5, and it does the same thing as your 920 is. I have to turn airplane mode on/off for me to connect to AT&T lte after being inside somewhere with little to no service. Why it doesn't automatically connect to 5 bar lte is beyond me, it will just sit there on edge.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not a 920 owner, though I might be soon, I currently have an iphone 5, and it does the same thing as your 920 is. I have to turn airplane mode on/off for me to connect to AT&T lte after being inside somewhere with little to no service. Why it doesn't automatically connect to 5 bar lte is beyond me, it will just sit there on edge.

Yeah it must be the network or the QUALCOMM LTE implementation (both iphone and 920 uses QUALCOMM). I've seen it happen couple times myself with the 920. It always comes back okay after a while though. Toggling airplane mode does the trick also. No need to reboot.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^iphone uses proprietary apple SoC (Apple A6 for iPhone 5) not qualcomm
i do notice my phone showing 4G instead of LTE occasionally. not sure if there's a difference...

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
^iphone uses proprietary apple SoC (Apple A6 for iPhone 5) not qualcomm
i do notice my phone showing 4G instead of LTE occasionally. not sure if there's a difference...

You are confusing application processor with baseband processor. iphone 5 does use QUALCOMM's MDM9615M LTE modem chip.

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Curious if you have battery saver turned on when this happens? I just discovered mine has similar issues getting a signal after being in a dead zone, and it seems to be connected to battery saver. If I turn battery saver off before I lose signal, the phone instantly has 4G signal when there's service again, though the battery does drain a bit. I'm guessing battery saver is keeping the phone from constantly searching for a signal to conserve power, but it won't properly reacquire the signal after leaving the dead zone.

Hey never tried disabling Battery Saver is definitely worth a shot...

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I got somewhat of a similar issue. Let's say I have 3G and Data ON and then switch to 2G and Data OFF, then I lose the signal and I won't get it back until I switch Airplane Mode ON and then OFF.

barracuda1187

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I work in an auto shop that's basement-level, and my phone does this sometimes as well. I'll go upstairs and still have no signal. I'm pretty sure there's some sort of time-out where the phone will go "I haven't seen 4G/LTE in x number of minutes" and stop trying.

Of course, how long it looks, in my case, seems to be a battery eater...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett