Nokia Drive acting funny (Lumia 920)

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been having some issues with my Nokia Drive app lately and I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Here's what is happening.

I know Drive can keep running in the background so I've made sure to go to the Background Tasks section and disable it. The strange thing is that whenever I click the option to "Turn background tasks back on for this app the next time I open it" this option disappears and I have to click the "block" box again. It's like Drive is running even when I know it's not, and I know it's not because I've made sure to back out of every single app running on the phone.

This doesn't happen with any other app when I select this "turn background tasks back on..." option. I finally decided to test it by uninstalling Drive and reinstalling it. When I did this, the problem went away. Well, at least it went away for a few days. It's doing it again and unless I keep the background tasks turned off for Drive it eats the **** out of my battery. I just got back from 4 hour roadtrip and had my phone charging in the car the whole time. I've been home for 4 hours, hardly used my phone in that time, and I'm at a 23% charge.

I really don't want to have to manually turn the background tasks on every time I want to use this app. It's super frustrating and if anyone knows a fix for it I would be very grateful to hear it.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that problem too, but haven't cared much because I am seeing good battery life.
On the other problem you have mentioned where you had the app open while driving and then saw an accelerated dip in battery drain, I have noticed that too. On one occasion I did a soft reset when I had just completed driving and then did not see the battery drain. So I suspect that there is some problem with the app or the battery meter. You can try that too.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
By soft reset I mean volume down + power button simultaneously. Also forgot to mention that now I have tried this soft reset thing multiple times and it has always worked.

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is always hit or miss for me. I can usually get through the day without my phone totally dying on me but it frustrating never the less. LIke right now, I just showed a battery life with 66% left. I did a soft reset and now it shows 81%! WTH?

Fnd Lumia

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Bud background tasks is only for live tiles and to keep running when using other apps but exiting but an windows home button does the same, trust and leave it turned off, I bet it functions fine, good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos