My New Lumia and I love it

ghk

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
No stranger to Windows Phone OS - Had a Samsung Focus and upgraded both my phones today to a Lumia 920. I was holding back for a Cyan but can't seem to find it anywhere. Ended up with a White for myself and a red one for the wife. ATT store reps were awesome - they let me pick up both the phones for $100 and also gave the wireless chargers free (For online orders on the ATT website it is one or the other).

As expected - synced up with my accounts and it is up and running - will watch for the battery performance before loading new apps. Just as an FYI - I was at the store for an hr waiting for the rep to complete the process. They sold 6 lumia's (including the two I purchased) and two I phones during that time.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No stranger to Windows Phone OS - Had a Samsung Focus and upgraded both my phones today to a Lumia 920. I was holding back for a Cyan but can't seem to find it anywhere. Ended up with a White for myself and a red one for the wife. ATT store reps were awesome - they let me pick up both the phones for $100 and also gave the wireless chargers free (For online orders on the ATT website it is one or the other).

As expected - synced up with my accounts and it is up and running - will watch for the battery performance before loading new apps. Just as an FYI - I was at the store for an hr waiting for the rep to complete the process. They sold 6 lumia's (including the two I purchased) and two I phones during that time.
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. :smile:

I'm glad you had a good experience upgrading to your new Nokia Lumia 920.

Katsyone

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been to Australia recently where I had a chance trying Lumia 920 out. It felt amazing to say the least. 8X looked really cheap compared to 920 (and even 820). I don't wanna offend anyone, it's just what I felt.

New Lumias will soon be available in Estonia (where I live) and I'm really looking forward to buy one. But seriously, 920 didn't feel heavy or big at all. It was just right for me.

Dam, I'm in love :)

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Have had my 920 now for 2 months. What started out as just a study of WP8 for the IT department, turned into my personal phone and nobody is getting it from me. (my iPhone sits sim-less on my desk)

I should state that the first 920 I procured had the speaker "crackle" issue and was replaced the next day. And I bought the wife a white 920 last week and it rebooted 10 times while she was getting to know it. Again, ATT store replaced it no questions asked. Her second one is flawless.
Kind of disappointing that there appears to be quality control issues with such a gorgeously designed phone with high end "branding". But when you get a good one, it is an amazing phone.

I could go on and on about how impressed I am with the 920. The new hasn't worn off in 60 days. It still is exciting to use daily.

The wife does a squeal or a yoohoo every once in a while as she discovers what she can do with hers.

We are both in our 50's. That says something. Just not sure what. 😊

Portsider

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I know what you mean, snakebitten. I'm 57 myself, and am a late entry to the world of tech-enthusiasts. Man is it fun! I've had my L920 since launch. and absolutely love it. Build quality is fantastic, screen is brilliant, and the UI is fast and slick. Until now, I've pretty much been an android guy since the beginning. And after learning how to 'root' several of the android devices I've had, including the incredible galaxy S3, I figured that I would never leave that OS. Well, as it happened, I decided to try something different, and give the Lumia 920 a shot. Well, I haven't looked back since.

Granted, not knowing what the future holds (particularly with blackberry 10 looming), I keep a couple of upgrades per year on standby with AT&T. But for now, I'm a real fan of WP8, and the Nokia Lumia 920. Lets hope that MS/Nokia keep the love coming for this device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster