(UK) Free wireless charger

peterw1000

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Just wanted to check with people from the UK who bought 920 with the promo sticker for the wireless charger (might have been Phones4U only deal, not sure).

When did you place an order for your charger?
Did you get an apllication confirming email?
How long it took from apllication to get the charger?

The reason I am asking is because I had my 920 exchanged before Christmas and the marketing website which was up prior new years was different and didn't accept my code. Only after new years it accepted my code but it has been 3 weeks since and i still dont have my charger

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Ordered charger 14 days after purchase in late November as instructed by the offer website, email over Christmas telling me I would get one and it was on its way. Charger arrived early January and I'm very pleased with it.

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for my charger...starting to get a little p1$$ed TBF, as I said previously, I received the email stating it could/would be a couple of weeks and that was on 24th Dec (SEVEN weeks ago)...!!!

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I am not in the UK (Thailand) and I placed my order for the free charger the day I picked my phone up, That was the 7 November, I am still waiting for my conformation e-mail, Nokia have really stuffed up here as they clearly have not been able to keep up with demand.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
in the T&C it seems that only UK residents are eligible, meaning you need to provide a UK address to be eligible, Thailand is way out of UK

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got off phone with Nokia.
Good news and bad news:
Good - if you claimed and it confirmed on screen, then you will receive the charger. ALL outstanding orders have been dispatched so by end of Feb everyone should have their wireless chargers. YOU WON'T GET an email confirming its on its way due to overwhelming demand, they had to stop that email generation.

Bad: In order to meet demands, they are sending off chargers but most likely if you wanted a coloured one, you will be disappointed. They have only got black ones. So yellow and red claims have been sent black. White chargers are in stock. They wont swap or replace as there aren't going to be coloured free ones in stock. That to me means they want to sell coloured accessories separately later.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got off phone with Nokia.
Good news and bad news:
Good - if you claimed and it confirmed on screen, then you will receive the charger. ALL outstanding orders have been dispatched so by end of Feb everyone should have their wireless chargers. YOU WON'T GET an email confirming its on its way due to overwhelming demand, they had to stop that email generation.

Bad: In order to meet demands, they are sending off chargers but most likely if you wanted a coloured one, you will be disappointed. They have only got black ones. So yellow and red claims have been sent black. White chargers are in stock. They wont swap or replace as there aren't going to be coloured free ones in stock. That to me means they want to sell coloured accessories separately later.

Black Lumia 920 here so no problems for me so it is just good news for me :D

rr373

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered free charger around December 2nd week and yet to receive one. I sent a mail last week and received an update that they don't have Red and Yellow colour (which was my preference). I was told that they would send either Black or White colour charger this week. fingers crossed.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Same here, I don't think red or yellow chargers exist, got my november, got a black charger today, not what I ordered but at least with black it goes with any colour phone, it works well as well.

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Registered for the charger December 23rd (two weeks after getting 920), turned up January 19th.
Does not charge the phone at all.
Have been batling with Nokia to get it swapped and finally Phones4U sorted it yesterday and its going back Freepost tomorrow - no doubt a month wait for a replacement.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's strange! Both my wireless chargers seem to charge much better than even wired chargers or so do I feel. My battery seems to last longer when I've charged wirelessly. I know it might just be an odd observation, but internet can have this documented ;)

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
in the T&C it seems that only UK residents are eligible, meaning you need to provide a UK address to be eligible, Thailand is way out of UK
I live in Thailand and purchased the phone here as part of the upgrade promotion from an existing Lumia phone we were offered a free wireless charger and the purity headphones.

Good new is I finally received both its a shame the headphones are white the charger is yellow and my phone is red though but at least I now have what was promised. ��

Last edited:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I may have got mine, almost. Got a package delivered today while ai was out. I have to go to the local sorting office for it tomorrow. Could be it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb