(UK) Free wireless charger

jammerltu

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Just wanted to check with people from the UK who bought 920 with the promo sticker for the wireless charger (might have been Phones4U only deal, not sure).

When did you place an order for your charger?
Did you get an apllication confirming email?
How long it took from apllication to get the charger?

The reason I am asking is because I had my 920 exchanged before Christmas and the marketing website which was up prior new years was different and didn't accept my code. Only after new years it accepted my code but it has been 3 weeks since and i still dont have my charger
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...I got my Yellow 920 in at end of November and did the online 'Free Charger Promo'...I received an email over the Christmas vacation stating that I should receive my free charger within a couple of weeks, but it did state it could take longer due to Christmas/New Year post...

To date I have yet to receive the charger....my guess is there's a long delay on stock/delivery. Realistically I'm hoping that mine will come over the next couple of weeks, but won't start worrying too much unless we get into mid-Feb.

TBOYJNR

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Not Phones4U, but I got an 820 for my sis on the 5th of Jan from Carphone Warehouse, it was meant to come with a free wireless charger, still nothing,
I even had to call them up and they were playing ignorant, I had to tell them they should go to their own site and try and buy the phone where the free charger was added automatically, but that day they had internet issues,
I got a call back anyway and they said it was out of stock, and it would be sent out when available,

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Two months and still waiting despite getting an email before Christmas saying it would be in the next 14 days, runs up last week and now told they are waiting on more stock so will be another 2 to 3 weeks and they expect to only get black ones, I wanted red or yellow as I have the red lumia. Have been told despite my request to expect black as they only send what they stock they have.

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Booo...I have a Yellow 920 and asked for Yellow or Red. Looks like when it eventually comes I'll get a black one too.. :-(

That said, I'm thinking of buying a fatboy charging pillow anyway..

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It's Phones4U exclusive from the website but I've read people saying they just picked up their phone from T-mobile/Orange and still managed to receive a charger. Got my phone on Sunday so I'll wait the 14 days then see how the claim process goes for one. I heard you can leave the 'unique code' field blank on the site and it still works, is this true? The site - Nokia Free Charger

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Just checked through my emails...I received this on 24th December. My guess is there's not enough stock for the demand, especially as I asked for a Yellow or Red to go with my Yellow 920.

Nokia Wireless Charger

Thank you for registering for your Free
Wireless Charger, your claim has been received and your Free Wireless Charger
will be on its way to you shortly.
Please allow an extra 14 days for delivery
due to the Christmas Period.

Thank you

aidensere07

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I called yesterday to see where my yellow or red requested charger was. The lady told me that they had no yellow or red and said they didn't expect to receive any from Nokia for a while, she told me they had black come in last week, all the black are now gone and this week the white ones will be in stock, anyone still waiting will be getting a white one regardless of the colour requested. Although im not happy as i have the yellow lumia I'm not going to kick up a fuss, i just want my charger, its a pain but its only a colour and i can live with it. Its not the end of the world..

Aiden

Last edited:

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought my black 920 on the first week of release (from P4U) and completed the form towards the end of November.

The charger arrived about 4 weeks later (I requested black, got black). Oddly, the confirmation email came a week after the charger was delivered.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i think you apply for it 14 days after the purchase of the phone. then it does take a good few weeks for it to arrive

Thats right - you have to wait a min of 14 days before the systeme accepts your code, then around 4 weeks for delivery - there should be a number to call on the nokia site if you have issues.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's Phones4U exclusive from the website but I've read people saying they just picked up their phone from T-mobile/Orange and still managed to receive a charger. Got my phone on Sunday so I'll wait the 14 days then see how the claim process goes for one. I heard you can leave the 'unique code' field blank on the site and it still works, is this true? The site - Nokia Free Charger

Yep - got mine from P4U and left the code blank (or put 11111111111 in if you need a number in the field) all they need is your IMEI really

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get a code with my 2nd lumia, the first on ee would not activate sim but had the code, will try applying for it - thanks to pp for that info 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb