Lumia 920 Screen Guard

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a good screenguard for my Lumia 920 that should protect the whole screen. But due to curved edges all the screenguards don't cover the whole screen only the display portions. Rest of the portion including the capacitive buttons remained UNPROTECTED which are more prone to danger.

Can someone suggest me a solution to this? How did previous owners of Lumia 800 managed? It also has curve screen?

Because of this limitation of screen guard, I don't keep my lumia 920 in my coin pocket because I fear that rough edges of Denim might hurt it. Because I remember my previous Lumia 900 screen had microscratches becasue I kept it in the coin pocket. I have to keep my lumia 920 in my shirt pocket thus risking the heart

vignesh1985

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
try wet install ones on ebay amazon...it covers fully... front n back too

dry ones--i hv one that covers all front screen (including the capacitive butns)except 2 mm on left n right of screen as it s curved...

I am looking for a good screenguard for my Lumia 920 that should protect the whole screen. But due to curved edges all the screenguards don't cover the whole screen only the display portions. Rest of the portion including the capacitive buttons remained UNPROTECTED which are more prone to danger.

Can someone suggest me a solution to this? How did previous owners of Lumia 800 managed? It also has curve screen?

Because of this limitation of screen guard, I don't keep my lumia 920 in my coin pocket because I fear that rough edges of Denim might hurt it. Because I remember my previous Lumia 900 screen had microscratches becasue I kept it in the coin pocket. I have to keep my lumia 920 in my shirt pocket thus risking the heart

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple of different brands of screen protectors so far. They all cover the screen and cap buttons. And actually they have both been about 1/8" to big. The curved glass is really a pain. I get a border around screen Prot where it won't follow curve and adhere to screen. I remember reading somewhere, it may have been wpcentral, about a "wet applied" setup was possibly coming that would allow protector to follow curve. I haven't found it but I haven't been looking either. Any sp made for the 920 should cover the cap buttons as well. Of they don't, they aren't 920 specific.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
After having seen a video of the 920's screen getting slashed by a knife and still being perfectly fine I don't see the need in a screen protector? Am I missing something?

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Have had my Zagg for a few weeks now... covers the entire screen and I have a lifetime guarantee on it... only thing is it leaves this weird looking texture when the screen is dark but it's not noticeable when the screen is on. Now I just need to wait for the Nokia soft cover to be available.

After having seen a video of the 920's screen getting slashed by a knife and still being perfectly fine I don't see the need in a screen protector? Am I missing something?

Yeah, grab a knife and scratch the **** out of it and that's not a problem... leave it in you pocket/purse and after a few days, so how many micro scratches the screen gets...

T850

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah.... A scratch on your screen.
I put my phone in the wrong pocket last week and immediately felt my keys against my leg. I took it out to switch pockets and viola, a 2" long ziggzagg scratch.

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Phone is scratch resistant not scratch proof.
In videos even though it shows that phones are man handled and works fine, I still wont bet on it, based on my past experiences with gorilla glass.

Anyways glad to see this topic, please let me know how is gadgetshieldz I am getting it almost half price than zagg.
If anyone has tried it please suggest, weather to go for it or not due to curve screen.
I have tried 3 screenguards from ebay and none fits well so dont even think of ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12