Unboxing of the Nokia Lumia 620 and a brief look into the device

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys!

This is my own unboxing video and a brief look into the brand new Nokia Lumia 620.

If you guys have any question, feel free to drop a post in this thread and I'll try my best to answer it for you :)

Boonta

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Can i survive 2 days with this battery?

Wanna get one so bad but i dont want to charge phone everyday. I will have a data plan and probably connect to other via whatsapp or line. Does it kinda kill battery badly?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Can i survive 2 days with this battery?

That's if you leave it on standby..

Wanna get one so bad but i dont want to charge phone everyday. I will have a data plan and probably connect to other via whatsapp or line. Does it kinda kill battery badly?

But when you put the phone into some activities like as you mentioned, WhatsApp and all, it would last for around 15 hours or more depends on how frequent you use the phone. I have tested mine and the most I can get now is exactly 24 hours with mixed use condition and WiFi on all the time... Not bad, but could've been better.

I've been using this phone for 5 days already and the battery life actually gets better and better from day to day so let's see if I can stretch it to as long as 2 days.

hellion42

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. On stanby mode, with fly mode my nokia 5800 could keep charge for almost 2 weeks.

the battery on this 620new nokia phones go down quickly if left in "phone only" mode ? (no wi fi gps, 3g...)
you think the 610 lasted longer ?

also, how long does it take approximatly to charge the phone ? about ?
my cink dlims takes 4 hours to charge from 3% to 100... way too much i think

thank you ! have fun

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
the battery on this 620new nokia phones go down quickly if left in "phone only" mode ? (no wi fi gps, 3g...)
you think the 610 lasted longer ?

I've never tried leaving it on phone only mode yet, but I'd expect it to last at least a day or a day and a half, perhaps even 2 days... I've never tested the Lumia 610 before though so I really have no idea if the 610 lasted even longer than the 620...

also, how long does it take approximatly to charge the phone ? about ?
my cink dlims takes 4 hours to charge from 3% to 100... way too much i think

It took me around 3 hours to charge the phone from absolute 0% to 100%. Yeah, the charging of the phone is very slow unfortunately.

hellion42

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
thank you foryour anwers.
im not aware of the average time for charging the battery on a smartphone though...

one more thing : i v read there is on this phone a new way to personnalize w8 : i v read that you can use a photo as a background for the home screen (with the tiles) and choose the tiles to be transparent ? (there is a "colour" black and white like a chess board on the screen you choose the colour of the tiles...) is it true ?

thank you
best regards

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
i v read that you can use a photo as a background for the home screen (with the tiles) and choose the tiles to be transparent ? (there is a "colour" black and white like a chess board on the screen you choose the colour of the tiles...) is it true ?

I don't think you can change the Home Screen background in WP8 because I didn't see any settings for me to do so, therefore I classify this as untrue. Perhaps there is an app or some sort that hacks the system and allows you to do so.

I also don't think there is a transparent tiles option or chess board like colour in WP8 either but by setting the screen to "High Contrast" in the 'ease of access' settings, it makes the tiles to be somewhat transparent, only white as the outline of the tiles. I provide you a picture below as an example...

wp_ss_20130123_0002.jpg

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
one question just popped up in my mind:

What does the vibrate SOUND like? Is it smooth (like basically all other phones) or does it rattle as if something wasn't properly fixated or loose inside the device (like f.e. the Lumia 920)?

would be very happy if someone could tell me that, it's one of the reasons why I would return a device (even if it's not a malfunction, I just can't stand the sound!)

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
What does the vibrate SOUND like? Is it smooth (like basically all other phones) or does it rattle as if something wasn't properly fixated or loose inside the device (like f.e. the Lumia 920)?

would be very happy if someone could tell me that, it's one of the reasons why I would return a device (even if it's not a malfunction, I just can't stand the sound!)

Yep, it is smooth with no rattles sound or anything. If you are experiencing so, it is a good cause for you to return your device and let them have a look.. I can definitely confirm that mine is smooth ;)

Hello fellow malaysian! =D

Well hello there! :D

Btw, how is the rendering speed of pdf files? is it better than windows phone 7?

I have yet to try opening a PDF file in the phone. Just downloaded the PDF reader app and I will try it out as soon as I can :)

Whether it is faster than Windows Phone 7, I have absolutely no idea because I never own any Windows Phone 7 device before. But once I get the chance to test, why not?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
hey!
Thanks for doing this,
are there any games or apps that stutter or lag, or do not work?

My pleasure ;)

So far games are running fine but there are a couple of apps that lags, loads slowly and sometimes shuts itself off.. But it only happen at certain time. Among the affected apps are MS Facebook, Twitter and Skype. The rest are running fine.

giuseppe di spirito

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
That's if you leave it on standby..

But when you put the phone into some activities like as you mentioned, WhatsApp and all, it would last for around 15 hours or more depends on how frequent you use the phone. I have tested mine and the most I can get now is exactly 24 hours with mixed use condition and WiFi on all the time... Not bad, but could've been better.

I've been using this phone for 5 days already and the battery life actually gets better and better from day to day so let's see if I can stretch it to as long as 2 days.
So, with mixed use wi-fi /3g you can arrive to use the phone from 15 to 24 hours?really not bad

I hope to reach the same result, considering that i send a lot of sms/whatsapp (about 100)

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, are you facing the "other" storage issue? Will you please put some light on it in Lumia 620?

Hi!

I'm sorry but I don't really get what you're trying to say. Are you referring the "other" storage as an SD card storage? No, I'm not facing any problem with my SD card at all and it reads just fine.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
So, with mixed use wi-fi /3g you can arrive to use the phone from 15 to 24 hours?really not bad

By mixed use I mean is with WiFi, 3G, Facebook, Twitter, Photo shoot, Video shoot, some calls and texts, music and videos, and they all can be stretched from 15 to 24 hours. As expected from a 1300mah battery pack in a dual core phone. I didn't switch on the battery saver mode, just set the brightness to low..

giuseppe di spirito

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
By mixed use I mean is with WiFi, 3G, Facebook, Twitter, Photo shoot, Video shoot, some calls and texts, music and videos, and they all can be stretched from 15 to 24 hours. As expected from a 1300mah battery pack in a dual core phone. I didn't switch on the battery saver mode, just set the brightness to low..

Great!it's a good news!it's better than i expected....thank you, now i have no doubt to buy it when it will be available in italy!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720