Just Got my Rogers RED Lumia 920 - Portico Pre-loaded !!

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally! wait is over ...after couple months where I was debating if should compromise LTE vs Red, (only black with LTE was available at Rogers) I just got my Lumia 920...like most of the people around here...I just love it!

Im not sure what batch the phone is, but it came preloaded with Portico so i wont be able to make a comparison before/after in terms of batter life or other issues. However, it doesnt look very promising...its been 2 hours since I charged it and battery is at 48%...but I have to say, I been surfing, installing aps, LTE enabled..etc almost non stop since I took the phone off the charger. I did a full phone reset and it didnt brick it :) ..so I guess that been fixed and one less thing to worry.

However, Ive noticed two issues, compared to my old Samsung Focus. Nothing major, but a little annoying:

1. Maps are not rotating - on samsung focus, when driving depending on the direction maps was rotating to keep the direction north. With Nokia Maps or Bing maps that doesnt happen. Any idea why or if there is something that can be done?

2. Local Scout - i tried different settings for Language & Browser, System..I get the local scout button enabled but every time I m trying i get: "We couldn't find any nearby places in this category" - The location is on and even though Im in Canada this was working very well on the Samsung Focus 7.8. Any ideas? fixes?

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Local Scout doesn't work fro some reason even if you change to the US, but you still can at least swipe to the right on the bing page to get movies, news, videos. Did you get it in store?

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a friend on Rogers reserved for me and paid ..the full price 599$ plus tax, using it on FIDO. Was actual surprised, that everything on Fido worked right out of the box - LTE, MMS..

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Finally! wait is over ...after couple months where I was debating if should compromise LTE vs Red, (only black with LTE was available at Rogers) I just got my Lumia 920...like most of the people around here...I just love it!

Im not sure what batch the phone is, but it came preloaded with Portico so i wont be able to make a comparison before/after in terms of batter life or other issues. However, it doesnt look very promising...its been 2 hours since I charged it and battery is at 48%...but I have to say, I been surfing, installing aps, LTE enabled..etc almost non stop since I took the phone off the charger. I did a full phone reset and it didnt brick it :) ..so I guess that been fixed and one less thing to worry.

However, Ive noticed two issues, compared to my old Samsung Focus. Nothing major, but a little annoying:

1. Maps are not rotating - on samsung focus, when driving depending on the direction maps was rotating to keep the direction north. With Nokia Maps or Bing maps that doesnt happen. Any idea why or if there is something that can be done?

2. Local Scout - i tried different settings for Language & Browser, System..I get the local scout button enabled but every time I m trying i get: "We couldn't find any nearby places in this category" - The location is on and even though Im in Canada this was working very well on the Samsung Focus 7.8. Any ideas? fixes?

nokia maps wont rotate. but nokia drive does. I suspect it's the software.

my local scout works fine. A rogers L920 unlocked, running ATT in US.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
And here's the rub for all us early adopters of a widows 8 phone that purchased there phone outright, Where is this update for the rest of us? Microsoft, Nokia this ridiculous.

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can you check if these bands are listed on the box- WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100/1700_2100 LTE 700/850/1900/1700_2100 GSMQUAD

KQ17

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Local Scout doesn't work fro some reason even if you change to the US, but you still can at least swipe to the right on the bing page to get movies, news, videos. Did you get it in store?

You can swype to the right in Bing, true, but only if your phone is in English. I had my phone in French at first and that function doesn't work. Why? I don't know but I find it utterly stupid. I tweeted and msg Nokia about it and never got a reply. It used to work on the 900, why not on the 920?! :/

digaos

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Red Lumia from Rogers and it is indeed pentaband, like the Black one I had. Same model (920.3) and it shows the 1700 and 2100 on the box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077