Lumia 920 Creaks, Squeaks, Build Quality Issues (video inside)

Panda858

Banned
Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I had all of these problems with my initial 920, took it to AT&T a couple times but I wasn't to keen to warranty it since it worked well for the most part (battery was good) and I had it all setup. I had a couple of lockups then I had the phone lock up when i tried to hard reset it so i took it back in and they told me to warranty the phone. Did so any my new handset is leaps and bounds better than my original.

The new handset is deathstar only (AT&T logo, no type saying AT&T on top), the case is firm and doesn't squeak, the vibration has a bit of a rattle but my old handset was super noisy. I think the later built handsets were just built better.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is the Active Squeaky Sound System (ASSS) in operation. It helps improve the high end sound response by moving the case during music playback to amplify certain frequencies. Perfectly normal.

If you prefer to have a different sound, return to your Nokia Care center and they can remove this feature.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My first one was like a rock except for the tiniest tiniest mini-creak on the left side. After a few days it increased and after a couple of months the entire phone creaked and wailed all over. I never complained about it since plastic will creak. Especially when up against harder materials like glass. It was disappointing tho.

My new one (they repaired my old one for two unrelated issues and then gave me back a new one instead of the one they had fixed) is still solid after a week. Except for the tiniest tiniest mini-creak on the left side...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes