Power up Problem!

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
For the past few days my 920 has been shutting down by itself and it won't turn on with the power button or the charger the only thing that works is doing power and volume down for 5 seconds. I've had to do this about 5 times in the last week or so and during the last 2 the weather and maps apps are giving me the wrong location. I really like Nokia and WP8 but this is becoming ridiculous. This is my 2nd replacement 920 and it's not even 3 weeks old, I had to send the last 2 due to overheating my question is should I get another 920 from AT&T or is this something Nokia will fix in an update?

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I feel this is some software issue. Have tried doing HARD RESET ( To perform a hard reset, press the Volume Down, Camera and Power buttons at the same time. Hold all three buttons down until the phone vibrates then release power button and hold volume down and camera for a further five seconds.) there have been few cases of bricking after a hard reset for which you could follow this (How to: Recover a Bricked Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8) That is only for S.O.S. after which if you still find the power button not responding I wouldn't recommend you waiting for a windows phone/ Nokia patch/update , just get the phone replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos