NOKIA | Carl Zeiss - Is your badge flush with your phone?

Dzyen

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So after inspecting my phone for all things I want inspection to check during my Black Lumia's repair, I noticed something about the Carl Zeiss badge on the back of the phone.

Where the lens is, the badge is completely flush with the phone. But closer towards the NOKIA you notice the badge isn't actually flush with the phone, and is almost as if it's "peeling off."

Any of you guys have this also? Yeah, I'm pretty OCD I guess. But considering I'm sending my phone in for FCC Dust / Light leakage / Vibration Rattle / Unibody creaking, I might as well add this to the list if it's a potential issue.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
If I run my nail across the surface, I can tell there's a slight raise where the badge is, but it's the same height at the lens end as it is at the other end.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree, Mine is flush near the lens but slightly raised further down. It does not feel like it's peeling off but I can see how it may seem like it is.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else's Carl Zeiss badge get all scratched-up? Mine is. :( The rest of the case and screen are good, but that is all scratched up.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine is flush on the lens end and sticks out beyond the polycarb barely enough to feel on the other end, but it appears flush.

Carl Zeiss is probably rolling in his grave. Actually, he's probably laughing.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
probably just a nominal manufacturing thing. my first phone has the metal heavily scratched after a few weeks so i'm totally babying this one until i'm getting a skin. but yes the thing does protrudge a tiny bit and seems to scratch very easily

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised by the scratch comments. Mine doesn't have a single scratch and by this point my old 900 was scratched to **** and back. The quality of metal on the 920 is much better than it was on the 900.

matthewryans

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is too! I'm very frustrated especially because my friend who treats his 920 worse doesn't get any scratches at all. I'm not sure if Nokia's willing to do a replacement for this issue, though.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine is too! I'm very frustrated especially because my friend who treats his 920 worse doesn't get any scratches at all. I'm not sure if Nokia's willing to do a replacement for this issue, though.
Doubtful. But it doesn't appear to be anymore than just a badge held on by an adhesive. Chances are we can buy new ones at some point & time.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine is just barely perceptibly recessed in the back of the phone, that is the badge is just a little lower than the plastic surrounding it, but you can't tell unless you run a fingernail over it and examine it very closely. It's evenly recessed left/right top and bottom. Hope that helps you somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss