Warning Re KiDiGi Desk Stand / Charger

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this KiDiGi desktop charger / stand via amazon.co.uk a few weeks ago and it arrived this morning. Just a word of warning to people thinking of buying this too:

Its a great looking stand - I was really impressed with its appearance out of the box, however when I came to insert my Nokia 920 onto the micro USB base connector I discovered a fatal flaw....the connector was the wrong way around! Yep its great if you want to charge your phone with it facing away from you but pretty useless if you want to see the screen - unless you have your eyes on stalks and can see round the back.

However considering how long it took to arrive I wasn't going to go through the agro of sending it back and waiting for another one - assuming this was an assembly error and not a "design feature". So I took it to pieces and rewired it - which wasnt an easy job to get the case apart and did result in a couple of accidental surface scratches.

So, even though the seller states it is for a Nokia 920 just be careful. As I say it may be an assembly error or it might be they are all like this. Mine works and looks good now anyway, except the mains plug gets pretty hot. I suspect another "design feature"!

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
True. The product is clearly advertised for the Nokia 920, and it certainly looks like the 920 in their photograph of the phone in the stand so you'd think someone there knows something is dodgy or different. If I hadn't had to swap around the connector I'd give this a 10/10 as its a great stand that can take the phone with a fairly thick case still on it due to the base being adjustable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss