Which SD Card to get for Lumia 820?

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Arrived today, and although still early, so far so good! :D
Moved a few gig of music over using WMP. That WP8 app is darn awful!

EDIT: Also I placed straight in phone and went from there. No formatting or anything unlike what others have been mentioning. Seems OK so far but time will tell I guess!

Last edited:

topliner967

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Arrived today, and although still early, so far so good! :D
Moved a few gig of music over using WMP. That WP8 app is darn awful!

EDIT: Also I placed straight in phone and went from there. No formatting or anything unlike what others have been mentioning. Seems OK so far but time will tell I guess!

What brand did you end up getting?

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't go wrong with San Disk class 10. The red and gray ones. Great quality. Make sure it is a class 10. I think some people have had issues with class 4 speeds and playing video. They did have some initial complaints on 64gb cards of failing out of the box but I bought two and haven't had any issues. To test, write a bunch of data to it from computer. If card gets extremely hot, return it. It will get warm, but hot is bad. Register it on San Disk site. Makes warranty a breeze if needed.

My 32 GB class 10 does not work at all on my 820. I am going to buy a class 4 tomorrow to see if that works.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a 32GB class 10 SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC card. So far I've had absolutely no problems with it. No duplicate music files, no skipping during video playback. What I did to get this card to work so well was to format the card via my desktop/laptop using FAT32 (use the slow /long format method, not quick one). I also decided to transfer file using Windows Explorer and not through the tool or WMP.

Tezler

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Very strange. My class 10 is still rock solid. Not one issue! Unfortunately since so many people can't be wrong means Nokia have some quality issues to iron out to make the experience same for all.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The links people are posting are great, but how do we know which one is GENUINE that you're posting? Has anyone got any genuine links for Sandisk 32GB as a good price?

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went out and bought a 32gb Scan Disk class 4 and it works perfectly. I had to wipe out the phone and restore it, and it worked perfectly.

Well, I spoke to soon. The good news is I get everything loaded fine. The bad news is that every once in a while the Music that is playing with stop for about 1 second then start back up. I assume that problem is that the class 4 is not as fast as the class 10.

burpfish

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The bad news is that every once in a while the Music that is playing with stop for about 1 second then start back up. I assume that problem is that the class 4 is not as fast as the class 10.

Class 4 means the card can handle 4MB per second. This means your card can read a whole MP3 file in one or two seconds. I don't think this lag is based on the card's class. I would even predict it happening with class 10. There seems to be some major problem with the 820's SD-driver...

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro2_277 using Board Express

rraaddaann

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
after all I've read just wanna share my relief and happiness about my 32gb Kingston class 10 working perfectly! it got detected on its first insertion and never got lost, storing/reading videos or mp3s w/o any problems or jamming or whatever! don't know whether it is the latest OS updates and this compatibility problem is already a history, but I had to share anyway as before I was grateful for any experience or tips..

I'm just about to purchase an SD card for my 820. But which?

Money aside, which type of SD card should I be looking at? I want the performance/speed/compatibility put before the cost and only then will I weigh up the price difference.
Size, ideally 64GB but 32GB would be enough too!

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire