How to get space allocated for each installed app?

ssvip

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Apps are occupying my phone's memory space. Here is the detailed view of it.
spaceEater.png

I want to get the list of apps those are consuming such huge space and remove. I tried by removing few apps but space did not reduce drastically. I searched online but did not get any useful article or post or app which give me some insight on app memory usage in details.

Thank You.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
There really isn't a way to view detailed application usage of system memory. You must have a **** of a lot of apps to consume that amount of storage. I would say the biggest users of storage space would be games, especially 3D games.

ssvip

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your response. I removed all gaming (5) apps but still space did not reduce much! along with 3D games; map applications can consume a lot memory (but not this much). Even Nokia Maps having max 300MB space (I have downloaded California, Seattle and Texas maps). SO, only suspicious thing remaining is 'virus' attack! But why would virus file(s) list under apps? it would have been listed under 'other' category.

Well, there is only 'reset phone' option remaining for me to get rid of this *****

ssvip

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried with software reset but it was taking too much time. Then I did 'hardware reset' = volume key down + power key + camera key => hold till mobile switches off (phone vibrates) => then volume key down + camera key for 4-5 seconds.

After this actual reset process starts. Don't panic it takes 15 min (in my case) to complete. Again your mobile will restart and then you can see phone configuration screen. Peace. .. ..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon