Sudden jump in battery life

dudecool97

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
(lumia 920) A couple of days ago. i had an update to network+ and i had installed govoice app.i had very bad battery drain. it was so bad i wanted to call customer care. then i uninstalled govoice . switched off nfc and closed all non essential background apps. now battery life seems to have quadrupled. it is 2 days since i charged my phone and still there is 70% battery life left. can anyone explain what is happening here? i am using moderately for calls and checking mail but not listening to music or browsing and wifi is on of course i am checking twitter and taking pictures.
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I replied with this in another thread, similar experience to yours:

"I think most battery problems are app related. I restored my replacement phone and only made one change (installed a battery meter app) which had a profound effect on battery life.

After a few days I started thinking that I might have been sent a duff one. Battery usage BTW was 5%-6% an hour with 3 background tasks, 3 push email accounts, WiFi always on and moderate/heavy use so hardly terrible but not the stellar performance of before.

After uninstalling the specific app everything went back to normal if not better. I now end the day with 65%-70% with the same usage patterns.

I have all the "smart" features enabled except NFC, this needs to be looked at by MS/Nokia, it seems to be a problem as far as battery use is concerned.

Also, when using the phone for navigation I use a car charger, the battery won't last long when GPS is in use but this is to be expected.

It is not a coincidence that all dedicated Sat-Navs are designed to be always plugged in, GPS has a massive power drain."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss