Microsoft and Nokia

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Why Microsoft or Nokia dont tell anything to users about the windows phone 8 and lumia problems ?!
Shouldnt they tell their users about the bugs and problems in OS and devices ?!

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, like Apple told customers about the map problems or the "you are holding it wrong" antenna problems.
Not everyone is having problems. Many people think the 920 is great and WP8 serves their needs.

Perhaps you could help them...

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, like Apple told customers about the map problems or the "you are holding it wrong" antenna problems.
Not everyone is having problems. Many people think the 920 is great and WP8 serves their needs.

Perhaps you could help them...

yes there are many people that dont have a problem but if you look into this forum and other forums you can see there are some people that have problems with their device
I love windows phone and I was the windows phone 7 user and now i am windows phone 8 user
but WP7 was the most stable OS that I have ever seen, I hadn't any resets, freezes , ... with 7
I love 8 and I know that they will fix it in the future but I think they can share some news with their users too

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Why Microsoft or Nokia dont tell anything to users about the windows phone 8 and lumia problems ?!

Which ones, specifically, are you wanting these companies to disclose to users? What precedence are you basing your expectations on?

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
if you look into this forum and other forums you can see there are some people that have problems with their device
Look at iPhone forums. Look at Android forums. Look at HP, Dell, HTC forums. Look at Chevy, Ford, Toyota forums.

By looking at these forums you are educating yourself, which is what an informed consumer should do. You then decide if you want to buy a product or not. If it doesn't meet your expectations, return it (or don't buy it.)

Padmasali

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
yes there are many people that dont have a problem but if you look into this forum and other forums you can see there are some people that have problems with their device
I love windows phone and I was the windows phone 7 user and now i am windows phone 8 user
but WP7 was the most stable OS that I have ever seen, I hadn't any resets, freezes , ... with 7
I love 8 and I know that they will fix it in the future but I think they can share some news with their users too

I think they all ready addressed when they release the Portico update for ATT Lumia as bug fix...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The reason probably is that it's not widespread enough. If there was actually a bug/flaw that effected every phone of a batch, they probably would go out of their way to talk about it.

There won't be such brand or product that wouldnt have a flaw in it in at least one device. The difference here is in whether they are single cases or actually a flaw in the model as a whole.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you name a single product where the manufacturer has an exhaustive list of all the problems easily accessible?

If i read that list, id never buy a product like that.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
All I trying to say is that they can inform users that there are some bugs in OS and they are aware of it
I am not here to tell that Microsoft or Nokia are guilty, I love their products and I will use it !

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ever look up a prescription drug and see all of the possible side effects?

If a vendor were to publish every "bug" that every customer thinks they've seen, then 1) the list would be endless and 2) no one would buy their products.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

These forums are but a tiny vocal bunch. Think of everyone that has a Lumia 920. If your device is fine you just use it without making comment (usually). You only speak up if you have a problem. So as someone else said, it all comes down to how widespread the problems are.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

look at this poll done on this very forum:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/201739-[poll]-lumia-920-customer-satisfaction.html

notice the amount of ppl that are not happy with their lumia 920. this poll alone shows that the lumia 920 is not having a widespread problem. most people that have an issue are isolated and they are the most vocal bunch. dont take them as being the majority, you will end up being very uninformed.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

That is because places like this are exactly where people with problems go. Also some issues like battery and such are common amongst smartphones in general and you'll see them on all platforms communities equally.

The only issue so far that seems to have been a genuine one was the resetting issues on the initial release of WP8 and this appears to have been fixed by now. It is also an issue MSFT came out on in public which would seem to indicate they recognized it as such.

To be honest I think Windows Phone in general is quite stable and has very few issues that linger.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That is because places like this are exactly where people with problems go. Also some issues like battery and such are common amongst smartphones in general and you'll see them on all platforms communities equally.

The only issue so far that seems to have been a genuine one was the resetting issues on the initial release of WP8 and this appears to have been fixed by now. It is also an issue MSFT came out on in public which would seem to indicate they recognized it as such.

To be honest I think Windows Phone in general is quite stable and has very few issues that linger.

Exactly! Most satisfied users don't go through the time of typing a post about how awesome their phone is. I've heard alot of great personal reviews on these forums about Windows phones but that probably represents a mere fraction of satisfied WP8 users...myself being one of them. I haven't written much about my love for my 810. But this device is probably the best experience I've had with a phone (this and my iphone 4).

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
People COMPLAIN LOUDLY and praise softly. And yes, Guilty as charged. Forums are for resolving problems but mostly venting frustration. Like everybody else said, if you were selling a product, would you enlighten people to the problems? I would like to know the problems and be able to have the info, but I know I will find out a lot more on wpcentral than I will ever find out from MS or Nokia. If Nokia or MS would say, "Yes we have a problem and here it is" I wouldn't complain as much. But when I have to spend hours looking on 5 different sites to find the problem only to find out there isn't a fix, ya, I get a little vocal. I feel your pain OP, but it will never change. Thank god for mobile nations.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I've never had an issue, but some people do. As is with every phone, but for one example if Android were to describe every error with every phone they had then they would be spending a lot more time doing that then focusing on a fix. The only ones who can really do that without an issue is apple and they can fix it easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo