HELP! New HTC 8x won't turn on!

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my 8x for a few days and decided to stop in at Verizon and get the Nokia charging plate. I left the phone on the plate last night and when I woke up this morning, the phone was dead and won't turn on. The green "Fully Charged" light on the grill speaker is still green even when it's off the plate.

Am I screwed or is there some way to fix this? I can't do a battery pull obviously, so I don't know what to do.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One good thing you can still bring it back for a new one... also for me I never buy a new device without having some sort of insurance on it .

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have really come to believe that there is a problem with the wireless charging pad. If you read back through a lot of other posts you will see a lot of complaints about the phone being dead, or other problems, after it was on the charging pad. I have had absolutely no problems with my Verizon 8X until a few days ago. I use the phone for my alarm and one morning it did not sound, it just lit up. I was awake enough already to see it light up so I picked it up and saw that it was the alarm going off. Not only was there no sound with the alarm, there was no sound at all. I checked the volume controls and everything was set on high. I had to turn the phone off and back on and then all was fine. I packed up the Fatboy pad and put it away and haven't had an issue since. I just wonder if the wireless charging can be the cause or if it is just coincidental?

Update 4/17/13:
I haven't had any issues with the wireless charging since the Portico update. Just wanted to note that change. I use the Fat Boy pad all the time now and have for about 6 weeks or so. Works great.

Last edited:

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
It has to be. It worked fine until I placed it on the charging pad. Very disappointing.

Does anyone know if HTC honors the warranty if it wasn't purchased directly from retail?

Alan Wake

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem with the phone not turning ON. Phone was on my table, fully charged. I didn't checked my phone for couple of hours, and when i checked it, it was dead. Gone. Tried every possible combination of buttons to reset it and nothing. Also the phone was not charging anymore either. Had to take it to service and they told me that my battery died. I was, WTF, after not even 2 month of lifetime and BOOM ?. They changed my battery and now it's OK. I think the batteries are low quality.

ste1164

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yea HTC honours warranty for used devices. I have just sent mine in many a time and they have never asked so i have never mentioned it.

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much. I'll try contacting their support to see if I can get it swapped out. I am having to use my GS3 for now, and even after a few days, I'm pissed having to go back to Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99