City Lens "Your device doesn't support a motion sensor"

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I tried to get the new update, but get an error in the store saying it requires features not supported by my device. I press on that, and it says

App not compatible

This app is not available because it requires:

- compass

So I go into the version already installed (and have used in the past) to get an error saying "your device doesn't support motion sensor" and my compass will no longer calibrate.

Is this a known issue?

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Maybe try to remove the version that is already installed and then try to re-install it? Does your compass still work in other apps, like gMaps?

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
gMaps gives a little note at the top of the screen saying "Compass sensor isn't supported."

Looks like I'll be sending it out for repair yet again.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This may sound stupid, but make sure you aren't using magnetic materials near the phone. I remember others reporting issues when using a case with a magnetic closure.

schlati

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The same goes for me.
My compass and even the camera (!) stopped working ~3 hours after I received my yellow 920 (while using the city lens app which suddenly hung). :asleep:
When using WhatsApp, it's still possible to record videos, but no photos...any suggestions (for either the compass or the cam)?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99