If your Live tiles are not working, this might help

mindfrost82

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I've had this happen to me a few times and have always managed to get it fixed without doing a hard reset. I wrote up a little how-to here.

It always seems to happen after I have to do a forced reboot (volume down + power).

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I'll have to check mine as well. I wondered why the weather would stop updating. I had been using the same logic you had. Thanks. Could have been a LONG time before someone figured THAT one out.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure but it almost seems like wp8 is a complete rework of the os. Like they threw out all of wp7 and started over from scratch. If this is the case then they wrote a whole new os in a very short time compared to wp7. Hence why some things have appeared to taken a step backwards and some compatibility issues between wp7 apps and wp8.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

WP8 has been in development BEFORE the launch of WP7.1

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, what's been described in the first post as "hard reset" is a factory setting restore and not hard reset.

Lumia has:
Restart
Soft Reset
Factory Restore
Hard Reset

PEdgeworth

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately most of my live tiles still do not work (have also tried clearing IE cache, turning location on/off, making sure background task is on, etc...). I really don't want to do a hard reset....

Shazzs

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have this same problem, but it says if you rest your phone it will loose all the personal detail and purchased apps.

Is there a way of backing this all up??

Sorry i am very new to this.

Shazz

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
it just means all data, and programs installed will be removed. wp8 will be returned to its original state when you got it out of the box. all of your apps will have to be re-downloaded again. no need to re-purchased paid apps. its already saved in MS's servers

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
How many app do you guys have installed and how many are pinned?

My other question is, do those app in the advanced section of background tasks settings take up 1 of 30 live slots available whether you want them to or not? If an app is pinned in the advanced section, does that force it to send notifications just because its pinned which would take 1 of 30 slots?

Just some stuff I've been wondering.

Last edited:

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue for weeks and one of the suggestions from the Nokia forums that helped was the re-enabling of all disabled background agents from the Settings page. Then going to the app list and opening every app that was listed in there (and closing it down before opening the next one). Since doing that last night both Simple Calendar and Weather Flow are updating normally. Note, when you have re-opened 15 apps you get a little warning message, but I carried on regardless in a bid to flush out the suspect app!

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nok...r-updating-after-firmware-update/td-p/1865002

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue for weeks and one of the suggestions from the Nokia forums that helped was the re-enabling of all disabled background agents from the Settings page. Then going to the app list and opening every app that was listed in there (and closing it down before opening the next one). Since doing that last night both Simple Calendar and Weather Flow are updating normally. Note, when you have re-opened 15 apps you get a little warning message, but I carried on regardless in a bid to flush out the suspect app!

Live Tiles no longer updating after firmware updat... - Nokia Support Discussions

I didnt understand. My Me Tile isn't updating. I am sure it isn't an "app".

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I solved my live tile problem by opening every single app and turning off the live tile feature within the app for the apps that I don't place on the start screen. Now the live tiles on the start screen are working again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos