Accessing nokia music through imported Lumia 920

Naresh Pareek

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

So I also have lumia 920 which i absolutely love and adore. I imported this handset from Dubai and currently using in India. However, for some weird reason I am unable to access nokia music on my phone. I have a nokia account but when i log in and try to access nokia music from my phone it says that you have not subscribed to the nokia unlimited music services. I called up nokia care and they told me i cannot access nokia access from this handset in India as it was imported. I also flashed my phone but that also didnt work.

If anybody knows any solution to fix this problem, please let me know.

Cheers

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
log off your nokia account. uninstall nokia music. re-install nokia music and try it without logging into your nokia account.

Naresh Pareek

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Snowy Nokia: I am unable to access nokia music.

I called up nokia care also they told me since i bought the phone from Dubai i'll will not be able to avail nokia music services in India.

I think JW888 is right, its IMEI issue.

Is there any way i can use nokia music services? I flashed the phone Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Naresh Pareek

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Huime, i believe you bought your phone from your phone country. If that's the case then you would have managed to register to the nokia unlimited music services. Once it is registered, you can use it anywhere i think.

However, i am not entirely sure. My opinion is based on what i heard from the nokia customer care ppl.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well firstly Nokia account has nothing to do with it and i would naturally imagine your Nokia account is registered to India.

On WP7 this was quite easy as you could just do it by changing the region from the settings. I did this on my Lumia 800 back in 2011 by switching the region to UK, but switched back to Sweden after month as Nokia Music came available here early 2012.

I'm not sure if it's that easy anymore though. The thing that for sure should help is to flash the device to Indian version, but you might wanna try other tricks before that. I have Lumia 920 but i can't remember does WP8 ask your region on the first startup?

If it does you might wanna try hard reset and switch your region to India.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hiee, exactly same issue I'm facing, Lumia 920 UAE bought, using in India. Please note that Nokia Music as well as Mix Radio etc. services are now available in UAE as well as in India. I just noticed that when I switched off my WiFi and data connection, i.e.no internet access available to the phone, the Nokia Music shows all the options of Mix Radio, Create a Mix, Offline, Store etc. However, obviously Store etc.can't be accessed without internet, so as soon as I switched on my WiFi, the Nokia Music signs-in to my Nokia account (location: India) and since I don't have an unlimited music subscription, all these options disappear. I am thinking if there could be an option to sign out of the Nokia account from Nokia Music only, then I can avail these features. But there isn't. I don't wanna sign off my Nokia account from all services (from settings>emails+accounts). Is there any workaround?

Somebody please help. :-/

Hi Everyone,

So I also have lumia 920 which i absolutely love and adore. I imported this handset from Dubai and currently using in India. However, for some weird reason I am unable to access nokia music on my phone. I have a nokia account but when i log in and try to access nokia music from my phone it says that you have not subscribed to the nokia unlimited music services. I called up nokia care and they told me i cannot access nokia access from this handset in India as it was imported. I also flashed my phone but that also didnt work.

If anybody knows any solution to fix this problem, please let me know.

Cheers

Hector Pons

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
You will have the same result if you remove your SIM card and connet to internet throught WiFi, so the problem is the Nokia services supported for your carrier, talk to them, otherwise we need to fool the phone to avoid SIM region recognition, I have not found a way to do that yet.

Hiee, exactly same issue I'm facing, Lumia 920 UAE bought, using in India. Please note that Nokia Music as well as Mix Radio etc. services are now available in UAE as well as in India. I just noticed that when I switched off my WiFi and data connection, i.e.no internet access available to the phone, the Nokia Music shows all the options of Mix Radio, Create a Mix, Offline, Store etc. However, obviously Store etc.can't be accessed without internet, so as soon as I switched on my WiFi, the Nokia Music signs-in to my Nokia account (location: India) and since I don't have an unlimited music subscription, all these options disappear. I am thinking if there could be an option to sign out of the Nokia account from Nokia Music only, then I can avail these features. But there isn't. I don't wanna sign off my Nokia account from all services (from settings>emails+accounts). Is there any workaround?

venu238

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

I too have same problem, my phone is from At&tLumia 920 with Indian ROM.

When you open Nokia music services it checks your IMEI and ROM region via network, so if you switch off your network services Nokia music will show up but to download or use mix radio you have to switch on network.

But when redirected to Nokia music by third party apps like shazam, you could able to listen the song and go through all artists, albums etc, but can't download them because you don't have active subscription.

Hope there will be a solution for this in future 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro