Lumina 920 on AT&T connection problems???

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having connection problems with AT&T??

Mine starts when I'm at work all day. My phone stays on Wi-Fi all day, and I have MAYBE 1 bar with AT&T inside the building. At the end of the day I leave, and my phone keeps jumping from having around 4 bars on Edge or no connection at all. (I should have 4g, or technically 3g+ since LTE isn't available in my area). The only fix is to restart my phone, but that gets old if you do it every day.

Anybody have this problem or any suggestions? Kind of wonder if it was caused by one of these updates Nokia did to network+ or something? Or I installed the Nokia Access Points tool that wpcentral did a article on, maybe I shouldn't of done that. haha.

Pete Almanza

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few problems with my network (same phone, same carrier) to where I'll be sitting down, pretty still, and I'll instantly lose reception. So usually I'll just, you know, go and move somewhere else to increase the bars. However, I can also sit there in the same spot that I lose coverage, and then get it back in a matter of seconds. I too installed Access Points, I generally get three-four bars in my dorm room. Right now I'm typing this reply in the campus library, my 920 checks in at four bars consistently, but sometimes will lose all reception. It strangely never sinks below four bars (while in the library), however.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Las Vegas. Its sweeter than candy with AT&T here. If you didn't have a problem before but you are now, contact them and ask to re-provision your connection.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This same exact thing is happening to me. I am at work all day with little or no service, connected to WIFI and when I leave and go home my phone jumps in and out of service ( and when it has bars it has the Letter E next to the bars) and almost always has to be reset. When I drive in to work I have used my phone in the same locations and it is connected to 4G just fine. I do have to say that ATT service has been horrible compared to my previous service with Verizon. Sad the Lumia 920 didn't come to Verizon when my upgrade was due.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Good... anybody know who we are supposed to contact when we have issues like this? Nokia, Microsoft, or AT&T? I could start a thread on some support site somewhere and give you all the link?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Start with your carrier (At&t) they are the front man, if that does not work bump up to Nokia, if that does not work find a way to contact Microsoft, although Microsoft will not help you with hardware issues, Nokia will probably not help you with signal issues unless it is faulty hardware in the phone etc.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody done a factory reset? How much settings and apps do you use. I thought they've done a lot to fix it so you don't loose apps?

I'm sure that's what AT&T is going to have me do if I contact them...(or really probably anybody will make me do that).

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody done a factory reset? How much settings and apps do you use. I thought they've done a lot to fix it so you don't loose apps?

I'm sure that's what AT&T is going to have me do if I contact them...(or really probably anybody will make me do that).

I have done one factory reset, it reinstalled all my apps, and I had to set a few things back up including tile placement. Not to bad, but it would be nice if it were to remember the rest of the settings.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving it a try... Couldn't take it anymore. Service is better than what the phone is showing in my area. Going to call AT&T if a reset doesn't fix it...

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
After the Amber/GDR2 updates I've noticed I get a lot better service. At least 1 or 2 bar difference in my cubical where I had 1 to no bars... Anybody else notice any improvements?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven