Charging with BOTH wired and wireless?

yojoebosolo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming the answer is a nogo-don't-do-it one, however, does anyone know the science behind plugging the phone in WHILE it's on the wireless pad? Either it will charge it up extra fast or explode the battery - anyone?

The other part of this post is some data on the battery life of my phone. When playing with Background tasks (settings) I have tested the phone with all of my usual background apps "allowed" and then various essential ones "allowed" and then none: all "blocked". The data is as follows:

All within a timespan of 7.5 hours idle (while asleep - no touching the phone). From 12:30am - 8:00am (I'm a student...)
FYI: Bluetooth OFF, Tap to Send OFF, GPS ON, Kids Corner OFF, Location ON, Battery Saver OFF.

With all apps running (Battery Level for WP8, Track My Life, Geo Tasker, My Stocks Portfolio, Nokia Drive+ Beta, Timer, Weather, Photostream)
from 72% to 44% (-28%)

With just essentials running (Battery Level for WP8, Track My Life, Timer, Photostream) (Guessed these a bit, i didn't make a proper note of which ones were running!)
from 78% to 56% (-22%)

With no apps at all running in the background but the system ones (email, alarms, find my phone)
from 69% to 59% (-10%)

I am going to be doing more testing with each app individually turned on to find the culprit, hoping it's not one of the essential ones i want to keep on! anyway - you can see a huge, huge difference - anyone got any info on the power usage of these apps whilst in the background??

Joe
Easy-Snap Photography Tutorials

MeAndMy920

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I seriously thought about this one too ;)

I don't really have the guts to just try it, although I could imagine that the charging plate won't charge.

Last edited:

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
overcharge. your battery would take a hit and the life of it would be reduced. over time of doing this the battery would seem like it always needed to be on the charger because it would drain too fast.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that the reason a WP device always had to be on whilst charging, was because charging was software regulated to prevent overcharging.

Surely there must be something in the software to limit charging to one device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon