The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8007000d)

zsitvayb

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
A few days ago, I tried to check if I have an update possibilty. The phone noted that there is available update, and started to download it. After the download the preparation went through (it was strange that during the preparation the progress bar from 81% immediately jumped to 95%, but apart from that there was nothing special). After it showed the error message in the subject: 'The update was downloaded...' and error code 8007000d.
I've tried to do a search on the net without any luck. I tried to update after a factory reset, of course haven't solved the problem.
Finally, I downloaded care suite, connected to it my phone, and it said that my phone software is up-to-date. So what the f..k? OTA says there is an update, care suite says my phone is up-to-date?
I also tried to find an eligible update from navifirm but for the product code I have (based on the data provided by care suite) there are nothing.
Does anyone have some idea what is going on around my phone? :)

zsitvayb

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Definitely, this was the way how I solved it. I made a refurbish with the Product Support Tool for Store, then I could do the update via OTA.

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
A few days ago, I tried to check if I have an update possibilty. The phone noted that there is available update, and started to download it. After the download the preparation went through (it was strange that during the preparation the progress bar from 81% immediately jumped to 95%, but apart from that there was nothing special). After it showed the error message in the subject: 'The update was downloaded...' and error code 8007000d.
I've tried to do a search on the net without any luck. I tried to update after a factory reset, of course haven't solved the problem.
Finally, I downloaded care suite, connected to it my phone, and it said that my phone software is up-to-date. So what the f..k? OTA says there is an update, care suite says my phone is up-to-date?
I also tried to find an eligible update from navifirm but for the product code I have (based on the data provided by care suite) there are nothing.
How you solve your problem, i have same problem On htc 8x!

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
How you solve your problem, i have same problem On htc 8x!

well, you can't flash your phone since there are no tools for it.. Still, no one even knows what the error means. do you have enough free space? Maybe that's the problem, try it again with a lot of free space.. Or just redownload it.

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
well, you can't flash your phone since there are no tools for it.. Still, no one even knows what the error means. do you have enough free space? Maybe that's the problem, try it again with a lot of free space.. Or just redownload it.
Ok thanks.

Robinator

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:

Okay for those who have the 8007000d problem like I did, here is what I did. My phone is now happily running 8.1 and it is really good!!!

I downloaded the Nokia Retailer software which allowed me to update the firmware in my Lumia 920. Unfortunately I messed the pre- and post-upgrade version numbers but the Nokia software is stupid enough that it will tell you to update the phone to the same firmware version more than once.

After I upgraded the firmware (twice, by accident) I then ran the 8.1 developer's update and it installed fine. In all it took me about 6 full download and install attempts followed by the one post-Nokia-Retailer-update that actually worked. I hope this helps someone else.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Microsoft idiots have a page of error codes here:

Solutions to 801881cd,
80188265, 801881d0 and other update issues on Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

but surprisingly (not) this one is not listed.

Last edited:

mahdifayaz

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

go to languages in the setting then choose another lang while connecting to internet then it ask you to download a lang pack click no.....then return to your update page and now you can download update again

Cankarales

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
mahdifayaz
go to languages in the setting then choose another lang while connecting to internet then it ask you to download a lang pack click no.....then return to your update page and now you can download update again

Wow such a trivial solution! Changing language from english to native worked like a dream :winktongue:. Thanks mate
Cheers

dylangrey

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure you have enough free memory space? when I installed Lumia Black I had the problem that the update installation wouldn't work. After I deleted some apps it worked. Not sure if you are facing this problem but maybe worth a try

Ckwe

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC 8x with the same issue and it's locked up my email, messaging and other apps. I have over 4G available and I have done the factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett