Full Backup

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Go 49'ers!! :)

Im old Iphone user and if you wanted to do a full perfect backup of your iphone you just plugged it in do the backup. As you guys probably know it does full backup of all pics,programs sms, your layout etc. Basiaclly makes it so if you plug your phone and restore it, its identicble to the backup.

How can I do this with my Nokia Lumia 920? - im sending mine into a repair center. So before i send it in how can I make a full backup so when i get it back i can just restore it and it will be just like how i left it.

Thx Guys

Enjoy the superbowl.

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Been searching throughout the forums. I dont see anywhere on how to do a full backup of your lumia 920. Anybody know how to do it ?

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
How can I do this with my Nokia Lumia 920? - im sending mine into a repair center. So before i send it in how can I make a full backup so when i get it back i can just restore it and it will be just like how i left it.

You don't do that with WP8.

Restore a backup to my phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

http://winsupersite.com/article/windows-phone-8/windows-phone-tip-backup-restore-144721

"To restore your phone, you must be setting it up for the first time (in the case of a new phone) or be resetting your current phone. During Setup, use the same Microsoft account to sign-in, and you’ll be asked whether you wish to start fresh or restore your phone’s settings from a backup. If you choose to restore, the backup will download and be applied to the device. Likewise, it will automatically download any apps you had previously installed."

So your settings and apps (and maybe SMS history?) will be restored. Everything else should be in the cloud :)

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
There is no way, that I have found, todo a full backup and restore of wp8. Your phone will backup your key settings, SMS, call history to SkyDrive automatically. Though, your start screen settings, some of your settings found under settings, pictures, videos, music, and app data will not be backed up and restored through the SkyDrive backup. This is exactly like how iphone's icloud backup works. Except, in the case of apple, apple gives the option to backup through a cable connected to iTunes and this iTunes backup is a full and complete backup of the phone.

I have tested the SkyDrive restore a few times now. I really like how it works. It works very well but its not good enough in my opinion. Here are some issues so far:

My wife dropped and broke her 920 with portico. Went to ATT and got a new one. When booting the phone it asked for her Microsoft logon and tried to restore buy failed. This is because the new phone was not updated with portico. To resolve this, I then updated the phone to portico, hard reset the phone, and then attempted to restore again. Though, the most recent restore was the backup taken from the failed restore. being an IT guy, I knew to restore the backup from the day before instead. This worked and we were set.

After the restore we had to re-setup her start screen. This makes no sense Microsoft.

After restore, settings like brightness, NFC, background settings, etc were not restored. Why not? Please Microsoft, can you please improve the backup and restore facility?

The SkyDrive backup needs to backup more settings. Also, please give us a facility todo a full local backup and restore.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
actually, there is still a way to do it, but I totally forgot because I myself has a crappy connection here.
You can go to setting>backup>app settings backup to cloud
the do the reverse after you flash your phone. Mind that this needs a good and fast connection or else the process is painfully slow.

Giovanni Marin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The backup saves only the list of the app you have installed.. I was interested to the data associated to the apps.. So saves of games and every thing in note apps or similar app..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234