Any news on the next big UPDATE? Features? Dates?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You, me and everybody else. It needs to become a second Tuesday update, but I know carriers will screw that up for us everytime. Whenever it is, it better be big. Not just a WiFi fix.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
MS better have more than a notification center ready by MWC. I do like the OS and I also understand it had to be rushed to launch with Win8. I can even deal with problems.... for awhile. But, I can't wait two years for small, one fix updates to be released couple of times a year. MS is behind Big Two and will never catch up unless we start getting major updates. If MS takes the "we are in this for the long haul" approach WP will fail. Its a fast market and I don't know if MS can keep up. I have my upgrade due in May and my 920 is going to be replaced with something else if I don't see some major improvements to OS.

I have no doubt MS will get OS completed someday. My doubts are if they can do it quick enough to compete and keep people on platform and meet their needs.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
MS better have more than a notification center ready by MWC. I do like the OS and I also understand it had to be rushed to launch with Win8. I can even deal with problems.... for awhile. But, I can't wait two years for small, one fix updates to be released couple of times a year. MS is behind Big Two and will never catch up unless we start getting major updates. If MS takes the "we are in this for the long haul" approach WP will fail. Its a fast market and I don't know if MS can keep up. I have my upgrade due in May and my 920 is going to be replaced with something else if I don't see some major improvements to OS.

I have no doubt MS will get OS completed someday. My doubts are if they can do it quick enough to compete and keep people on platform and meet their needs.

Yeah because the incredibly informative live tiles don't tell you EVERYTHING at a glance. It's critical to duplicate what the OS already does beautifully.

Spicymikey

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah because the incredibly informative live tiles don't tell you EVERYTHING at a glance. It's critical to duplicate what the OS already does beautifully.

I agree. Not sure why the notification center is a "must have". I owned an iPhone for 5 years. The Notification Center was added a few years ago (as I recall) and I hardly used it. Maybe if MS implements the concept better than Android/iOS it might be useful. Their are other more important features IMO including the simple ability to manage the UI better. Categorizing the app list by groups, user created hubs or folders for the tile side, etc. It's good the way WP8 has it, but it can still be way better to manage. If you have even 20 or more apps things start getting unmanageable I think.

MI_Hockey89

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see a notification center; however, I don't want to see the notification center be employed as it is on IOS or Android. The notification center could handle the longer notifications better than live tiles. For instance when the Red Wings score my ESPN app sends me a toast, but it is too long to see all the details. Having a notification center where I can see all of the details and a history of when I received them would be great. Also, I really want to see a task killer in the multi-tasking window.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I had iPhones, iPads, Macbook - then switched to Android and now with MS - I too am willing to give them time, but not a lot - they have thrown everything out there pretty much at the same time and no doubt a lot of resources are being poured into the new Xbox, Windows 8 Enterprise, new music player etc but they cannot take thier eye off the ball, even for a moment, as they will lose HUGE numbers of customers if they screw it up. Please please please PLEASE MS..I know you have a history of s**t software but the past does not equal the future... please dont screw it!

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Not sure why the notification center is a "must have". I owned an iPhone for 5 years. The Notification Center was added a few years ago (as I recall) and I hardly used it.

Agreed. I am looking forward to seeing what MS do with the notification center, but I cannot say that I am desperate for it, as the live tiles do a great job for me in that regard.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
lol the live tiles are not live now. 30min refresh is just stupid, should open api for dev to offer individual refresh rate, and most importantly force them to allow user specify refresh rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro