camera picture issue - moving target

Vaas

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
everytime I take a picture and the target moves even a little it comes out blurry.

I have tried playing with the shutter but nothing seems to help. Is there a setting i am missing?
I even tried focus assist off and on, but pictures still blurry.

any help.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I think it is fixable providing you tinker with the settings. There are some pretty good guides to this both in the forums and on the web. (I can't post the links as I am using the app to type this)

It will require some tinkering with the ISO and a few other settings. I have read a few of the guides, but need to revisit hem before I spout too many opinions.

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
everytime I take a picture and the target moves even a little it comes out blurry.

I have tried playing with the shutter but nothing seems to help. Is there a setting i am missing?
I even tried focus assist off and on, but pictures still blurry.

any help.
How is the light? Do you use the flash?
I usually disable the flash by default since more often than not it ruins a picture instead of enhancing it, but in the case of a moving object you might consider using one. It helps reducing the time needed to collect the necessary light therefore less chance for blur.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
In low light, shutter speed will be slow. Unlike other cameras, L920 OIS lets you go down real slow like 1/3 or 1/10 seconds and still take good pictures. But moving objects will look blurred at such slow shutter speed. It's photography/physics 101. It's not camera's fault and you can't do anything about it.

Having said that, you can try to increase shutter speed by setting ISO to the max. Or use one of those app that let you manually control shutter speed. Picture will look more noisy though.

Yes, using flash is also an option.

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Especially if you want to quickly take a shot and don't have the time to tweak ISO and stuff (like kids suddenly doing funny things but won't wait for you setting up the shot) and if the distance is right, turning on the flash is the quickest way. If it's dark and the object is further away than 2-3 meters, flash won't help tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs