Do you use NFC for anything on your lumia 920?

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
just a question, why can't wp8 phones receive pics or vids transferred from an android phone? the android phone produces the error: target device is unable to receive large files. Is it a bug or just platform incompatibility? I do actually hope that MS will make NFC transfers work with other non-wp8 devices, and when they do that, might as well throw in wifi-direct support as well :D

Murphy1981

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading a wee bit about NFC tags and WP8 the past few days. I'm not 100% clear on things but am I right in saying that you are not able to program a NFC tag to complete a task such as turning your wifi off?

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The main feature I want to use it for is NFC payments; but of course that will have to wait until the operators start offering secure sims. Not sure when and if that will happen in the UK. It looked like Orange was making some progress there, but I'm not sure where they are at.

In the meantime, as I've got a set of Philips Hue lights, I'll be ordering some tags for this (skip to 29sec):
Oni: Light Control NFC Update - Color your lights to match your mood. Windows Phone - Philips Hue - YouTube

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
The main feature I want to use it for is NFC payments; but of course that will have to wait until the operators start offering secure sims. Not sure when and if that will happen in the UK. It looked like Orange was making some progress there, but I'm not sure where they are at.

In the meantime, as I've got a set of Philips Hue lights, I'll be ordering some tags for this (skip to 29sec):
Oni: Light Control NFC Update - Color your lights to match your mood. Windows Phone - Philips Hue - YouTube

so cool

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I use NFC to trigger a location-based setting (profile) in my quest to conserve my battery usage. Just bought some of these tags really cheap from Ebay (five stickers for about USD$10). I use them to turn off and turn on WiFi setting ie turn off WiFi when I am about to leave home and turn on WiFi when I arrive home. Also put the phone into airplane mode when I am about to sleep (put the NFC sticker near my bed). I use this app call EasyTag to program the NFC tags.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I use NFC to trigger a location-based setting (profile) in my quest to conserve my battery usage. Just bought some of these tags really cheap from Ebay (five stickers for about USD$10). I use them to turn off and turn on WiFi setting ie turn off WiFi when I am about to leave home and turn on WiFi when I arrive home. Also put the phone into airplane mode when I am about to sleep (put the NFC sticker near my bed). I use this app call EasyTag to program the NFC tags.

link please :)

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I one did
I used it for this poster of the s3 saying "Come tap in your phone lol we offer this unique tech" and then got into a site saying that i did not have a s3 and go away.
So i left.

Owen Stevens

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I've got a few stickers that I regularly use.
I've got two hidden In the dashboard of my car, one that opens my "driving" Spotify playlist, and another that opens NOKIA Drive and programs it to my home address.

@zack, how did you get your phone to turn off and on WiFi with an nfc tag?
The best I could manage was to open the WiFi settings, or Bluetooth settings menu?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss