Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

Mike20PR

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I decided to not use auto brightness anymore and used it in medium and sometimes low brightness due to the display being so bright as is, and battery life has been amazing since! I remember the att one x also used more battery in auto brightness than even 100% brightness all the time so I gave it a shot. Really happy now!!! Now I just need to get over the external speaker sound quality...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Sandrobber

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery Level For Sure

Uninstall the battery level app. Reboot the phone this is important. I have a functioning phone. I am 100% sure that is the issue. We need to contact the developer.:excl:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall the battery level app. Reboot the phone this is important. I have a functioning phone. I am 100% sure that is the issue. We need to contact the developer.:excl:

I think this is one of the major culprits as well. i uninstalled this yesterday and pretty much saved 5-7% of drainage per hour today.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Playing games like Wordament and Blackjack (which arent GPU intensive) drain 1% per minute easily and the phone gets warm on the back.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Hmm I actually uninstalled this today and may have rebooted, I don't recall. But I did have bad drain this morning and then later I didn't, so could be related.

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
At least I'm not the only one....

Plugging in the phone and using navigation should not drain the battery. So far every time I've used navigation on the 920 while plugged in my battery has drained...........

Nokia drive is makes this phone unusable, I had to wait in my car to charge it up as it died while using navigation and plugged in.

Gonna try disabling NFC
And uninstalled battery app

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
turning off GPS is not a solution for me... that should not be necessary. I buy a smart phone for GPS functions... and other phones don't require that I babysit it.

Ive been HAVING to charge my phone during the day just to get through, and this is with what I would consider very light use.

I just deleted battery monitor app. but as it stands, if that doesn't fix it to the point that I can get through a normal day with a solid 50% battery remaining, this phone isn't for me.

I have other little doubts about WP8 anyway, and this simply forces me to make a tough choice of what phone I come away with if I return this one.

Sandrobber

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Trust me!!!

turning off GPS is not a solution for me... that should not be necessary. I buy a smart phone for GPS functions... and other phones don't require that I babysit it.

Ive been HAVING to charge my phone during the day just to get through, and this is with what I would consider very light use.

I just deleted battery monitor app. but as it stands, if that doesn't fix it to the point that I can get through a normal day with a solid 50% battery remaining, this phone isn't for me.

I have other little doubts about WP8 anyway, and this simply forces me to make a tough choice of what phone I come away with if I return this one.

Trust me I had a buddy with exceptional battery life on a 920 and he installed the battery level app and said he drained quickly. He uninstalled it and back to normal. In fact I reinstalled it to actually drain my battery for a recharge. It works great to drain the battery and heats up the phone also. ;)

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
At least I'm not the only one....

Plugging in the phone and using navigation should not drain the battery. So far every time I've used navigation on the 920 , while plugged in my battery has drained...........

doing both have enabled my phone to charge now on the car charger, and my phone is not heating up as much anymore.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All phones will drain battery during navigation and GPS use if your using a shotty car charger. What power is your chargers?

it also drained without GPS/nav use.....but when I uninstalled the battery meter app and disabled NFC its seems fixed.

My car charger kept my focus and titan alive while GPS/naving about all the time. Its not the charger which is 1000ma or whatever

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my battery was failing so I went to the store to exchange my L920 with the new one. Last night I finally got it and the battery is awesome.

Today's activities:

- Background task: all is blocked.
- 3 google based emails with Push (as items arrived) and all have contact, calendar and email synced
- 1 google email with 15 minutes checking interval (only sync email)
- 1 LIVE email with Push.
- 7 Live tiles
- Wifi On and mostly on LTE if Wifi isn't available
- NFC On
- A busy day with a lot of incoming and outgoing emails
- 7 short phone calls
- A few text
- Mild social feeds activities (posting 3 pictures and 4 check ins)
- 1-2 hours of tethering
- A few minutes of a Nokia map to check traffic
- A few skype calls.
- Took a few pics

It was 100% at 7.3a and now it's 21% at 8.48p. So I'm definitely a happy owner now :)
So again, if you don't see any improvement after a few days, return it and get a new one.

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my battery was failing so I went to the store to exchange my L920 with the new one. Last night I finally got it and the battery is awesome.

Today's activities:

- Background task: all is blocked.
- 3 google based emails with Push (as items arrived) and all have contact, calendar and email synced
- 1 google email with 15 minutes checking interval (only sync email)
- 1 LIVE email with Push.
- 7 Live tiles
- Wifi On and mostly on LTE if Wifi isn't available
- NFC On
- A busy day with a lot of incoming and outgoing emails
- 7 short phone calls
- A few text
- Mild social feeds activities (posting 3 pictures and 4 check ins)
- 1-2 hours of tethering
- A few minutes of a Nokia map to check traffic
- A few skype calls.
- Took a few pics

It was 100% at 7.3a and now it's 21% at 8.48p. So I'm definitely a happy owner now :)
So again, if you don't see any improvement after a few days, return it and get a new one.

Hey glad that it went so well for you! I think i just jizzed at that battery life! :confused::confused::confused::confused::D:D:D:blush::blush::blush:

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Luckily, I'm not having terrible issues with my battery, but here are my settings and daily routine:

-all my emails to be delivered as soon as possible (5 accounts)
-leave my Bluetooth on as well as NFC, wifi, and 4g all day
-do some light gaming (30 minutes worth)
-occasional research through sites and apps when needed (1-2 hours)
-streaming video (45 minutes)
-streaming music (30 minutes worth)
-Background task left on for: accuweather, battery level for WP8, CNN, Facebook, and Weave
-Light nokia drive use (10 minutes to find burger joint)
-miscellaneous use for random things like facebook, reading news, calling to complain to AT&T, etc...

If I can't do all that in one charge before I sleep in a 14 hour day, then the battery is a fail. I was able to do most of that in my one year old titan, and I expect no less on this phone. I admit my battery drained quickly when I took it out of the box, but after a full discharge and a hard reset, everything was okay and I was able to do my regular routine :cool:

I suggest anyone who is still having problems after 3 days should do an exchange of some sort and give that other phone a few days to settle as well. Because i'm hearing a lot of terrible battery stats; and closing all these random features in order to pretend to have good battery life is unacceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos