Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

roblo

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

I too had a problem with the battery life the first 3 days, but I was actually doing my app downloads and playing with the phone every chance I could and I was getting 8 hours tops. At the same time I was doing battery cycles and depleting the battery to zero before recharge for the 1st 3 days. And today I had clients all day, and unplugged the phone at 8am and it is 6:03 pm as I write this, and I was using nokia drive all day and doing a few emails, just your average work day on a Saturday for a realtor. My battery is at 51%, time since last charge 10 hours, estimated time remaining 1 day 4 hours.

r590

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

With NFC on mine got 16 hours of life yesterday. No complaints whatsoever here. That was with listening to music over bluetooth for several hours, using the GPS, texting and some web browsing etc.

RTGOD

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I have tried the restart thing and full drain which I have heard is not good for the batteries as well and here is my screen shot. I am going to give it a few more days then see if they will order me a new phone. I received mine on 11/13/12.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18

TheBigJMoney

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I've had my Cyan 920 for about 48 hours. I used the phone normally and let it drain completely then recharged. Here are my conditions after a full days use:

1. Nokia Drive and NFC both off
2. WiFi on
3. Several apps on auto update (email, ESPN, Weather, etc)
4. I've taken several calls
5. Downloaded about 7 new apps
6. Streamed Nokia Music for about 2 hours today
7. Used the camera at a party today
8. Display is set to auto brightness

My battery is at 54%.

In this admittedly unscientific test it "feels" like my battery is giving me what it should. At a minimum it doesn't feel vastly different than my iPhone 4 did after a day's worth of similar use.

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Posted this in the Doubled my Battery Life thread ...

wp_ss_20121118_0001.pngwp_ss_20121118_0002.png

This is while texting and WhatsApp all day ... like 15-20 minute worth of calls ... 20 min of Navigation ... some facebooking ... not Heavy use but hey I can't complain

Bluetooth and NFC off ... WIFI on all day ... and regular settings ... 2 email accounts at 1 hr a piece

this is a replacement device ... the 1st one I had froze on me and had horrible battery life ... I would suggest either draining the battery fully (letting it die and try to turn it back on and let it drain out again and so on until it won't turn back on), or try to go get a replacement device ..

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

ok so Im thinking of replacing mine. how should I go about doing that from those that have done it. I got mine from AT&T pre-order so its been a week. can I just walk into a store and say my battery sucks give me a new one, or do I have to call them 1st. My problem is that I have a red one, I hear that's hard to come by now.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Posted this in the Doubled my Battery Life thread ...

View attachment 23003View attachment 23004

This is while texting and WhatsApp all day ... like 15-20 minute worth of calls ... 20 min of Navigation ... some facebooking ... not Heavy use but hey I can't complain

Bluetooth and NFC off ... WIFI on all day ... and regular settings ... 2 email accounts at 1 hr a piece

this is a replacement device ... the 1st one I had froze on me and had horrible battery life ... I would suggest either draining the battery fully (letting it die and try to turn it back on and let it drain out again and so on until it won't turn back on), or try to go get a replacement device ..

Doesnt battery saver turn off all your background tasks and anything with push?

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

ok so Im thinking of replacing mine. how should I go about doing that from those that have done it. I got mine from AT&T pre-order so its been a week. can I just walk into a store and say my battery sucks give me a new one, or do I have to call them 1st. My problem is that I have a red one, I hear that's hard to come by now.

I got mine from the phone freezing ... it froze for like 15-20 minutes and I couldn't turn it off or anything ... luckily I live close to the ATT store and made it in and showed the manager and they hooked me right up ...

I don't know if they'll do it from just bad battery ... that was my first time ever exchanging a phone others can probably give more advice on this... but just Lie and say it be freezing up on you
and you even tried factory resetting it and it still does it (that's what worked for me even though mine wasn't a lie) ... worst that can happen is they can say they can't exchange it ...

---------- Post Merged at 03:05 AM ----------

Doesnt battery saver turn off all your background tasks and anything with push?

Battery saver only set to turn on when Low ... as you can see there's no Heart over the battery at the top
If you don't know how to do that ... go into battery saver and click on advanced at the bottom ... it'll give you a setting as to when to start battery saver mode

LEC 360

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues - something I noticed

I got my first Lumia 920 one week ago, since first day I noticed the battery life was an issue, but thought at first this was by design. After trying to stop background tasks, turning
Bluetooth and NFC off without significant improvements on the battery, I still had to charge my phone half day.
Needless to say I was very disappointed.
Something I noticed since I got this phone was that frequently, the screen would not react immediately when I was trying to zoom in or out. I am not sure why, but seemed like the phone was "busy" doing something in the background.

I decided to replace my L920 at a local AT&T store and what a difference that made. The first day I got 20hrs with regular use such as browsing, about 40e-mails, a few texts and three videos and of course, downloaded about 10 apps. All this with NFC on, Bluetooth on and 3 background tasks. I notice that now the display always responds immediately and the phone rarely gets hot. I wanted to think that the battery issue is software related but at this point I am not totally sure. Anyone with battery issues is experiencing any display issues?

Chippius_nl

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I noticed that my gps turned on sometimes for a short period. It did this several times. Whatsapp is using the location functionality. So I turned of location service in the settings. Battery life is finally good. No more 10% battery loss in standby.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

UPdate on my batter and makes me believe more and more that my battery is really defective.

So i had 10% left on my phone last night, i figured i would go to bed in an hour. So i turned on battery saver on just in case (i thought this turns on by itself when battery is low), so during that hour, my phone actually ran out of battery and died i was like :eek:, already? Fine whatever, im going to bed soon anyway. I had recharged the phone up to 50% probably 3 or 4 hours earlier and it already died.

So after i was finished playing a game and getting ready to bed, i take my phone and get it ready to charge, buti decided to see if i can turn on to see if it would turn on to see the battery life, i turn it on and it says 29%!!!! I did not charge after my phone died and i dont have a wireless pad either, it was sitting next to me next to my surface on my wooden table. The battery actually charged on its own on my desk from below 10% to 29% in over an hour, i was shocked. AFter, i went to bed and charged the phone. What a weird battery.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

UPdate on my batter and makes me believe more and more that my battery is really defective.

So i had 10% left on my phone last night, i figured i would go to bed in an hour. So i turned on battery saver on just in case (i thought this turns on by itself when battery is low), so during that hour, my phone actually ran out of battery and died i was like :eek:, already? Fine whatever, im going to bed soon anyway. I had recharged the phone up to 50% probably 3 or 4 hours earlier and it already died.

So after i was finished playing a game and getting ready to bed, i take my phone and get it ready to charge, buti decided to see if i can turn on to see if it would turn on to see the battery life, i turn it on and it says 29%!!!! I did not charge after my phone died and i dont have a wireless pad either, it was sitting next to me next to my surface on my wooden table. The battery actually charged on its own on my desk from below 10% to 29% in over an hour, i was shocked. AFter, i went to bed and charged the phone. What a weird battery.

wow, well i certainly have never had my phone recharge by itself!

i did just get off the phone with AT&T tech support though and they told me to go back to the store and to replace the phone. i made sure to have them put into the notes that i do not need to pay the restocking fee which he was happy to do. so i guess i'm getting a new phone tomorrow. i gave it a week and a half of battery cycles and saw no improvement in battery life. his first suggestion was to do a 'Master Reset' on the phone which i told him i had already done twice, the first time restoring from backup and the second time starting fresh. he also said that if the reset didn't do anything and i had already managed background apps/tasks as well as wi-fi, bluetooth, etc... then there was nothing else he could suggest.

really hoping this new one isn't also defective.

oh also, how much battery do you guys lose when talking on the phone? i was on the phone with him for 8 minutes and my battery went from 86% to 83% (i made sure to look at it right before calling and right after calling). is that normal for this phone? it seems like a lot of battery loss for such a short phone call. i didn't use speakerphone or bluetooth for this call either, just the normal handset like any regular call.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

that's not bad compared to my current cyan 920 . I went from 96% to 77% on a 8 minute call with everything except location turned off and no apps in the background. I have a replacement on the way. It sucks that in order to use the phone we have to cripple it by turning off alot of features. My phone gets very hot when making calls and when using IE. Right now above the rear camera is Very hot

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

that's not bad compared to my current cyan 920 . I went from 96% to 77% on a 8 minute call with everything except location turned off and no apps in the background. I have a replacement on the way. It sucks that in order to use the phone we have to cripple it by turning off alot of features. My phone gets very hot when making calls and when using IE. Right now above the rear camera is Very hot

whoa, yea yours is pretty terrible. the first guy I spoke to from AT&T actually said that we shouldn't need to cripple our phones at all and that we shouldn't need to bother with managing bg tasks and whatnot. the only things he said to change were Bluetooth and Wi-Fi but everything else should be fine under the management of the phone.

I also asked both AT&T guys if they had been getting many calls about the battery issues and they both told me I was their first one.

Abdullah_000

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

hello, may I suggest turning the brightest to low and see how that goes ?
I have the same problem in my Lumia 800, but after setting the brightest to low Im more than satisfied :D
( even when I can't see a thing outside doors).

please take this seriously and try this solution, and don't forget to Report back.

Samvel87

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Turning brightness down, doing a hard reset, uninstalling/blocking Nokia Drive, turning battery saver on, etc only works for some people. The only thing that SEEMS to be working for me personally is doing a full drain and charge, (not just once, a few times at least) I've full drained my battery two or three times so far and here are the results.
DAY 1, DAY 2, DAY 3, DAY 4, DAY 5: Normal usage, battery drains like crazy
DAY 6: Saturday, I'm on my third/fourth full drain at this point. 1-2pm Battery life 100%
DAY 7: Sunday, 5pm Normal usage (some browsing, some texting, videos, music, etc.) It's been over 24 hours since I charged my phone, only hooked it up to my PC once to transfer some videos, which took about 30-40 seconds.
Settings
airplane mode - off
location - off
kid's corner - off
battery saver - off
backup - off
brightness - low
feedback - off
background tasks - none
Wi-Fi - on
wp_ss_20121118_0001.jpg

NOKIA and tech savvy folks don't recommend draining this type of battery but it seems to be the only thing that has worked for me.

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site

Microsoft needs to come out and acknowledge this as soon as possible, and confirm a fix is in the works. My phone is seriously constantly hot, even when it's sitting unused. And to make matters worse, in the last 37 minutes while casually viewing a few web pages, connected to WiFi and only two background tasks (weather flow and metrotalk), the battery of my phone has dropped from 48% to 26%. 22 fuggin percentage points in less than one hour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05