Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

Mukesh Phanse

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery drain to the core

but i use whats app i mean my main purpose to use mobile is whats app and music thats it.. im using 920 since jan but from day one till 2-3 days back i havent faced battery drain issues i was way happy for my 1 day battery back with moderate use
as far as i remember i was getting few app updates i did and then it started all this ..

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Turn off your mobile data when your not using it. I was listening to music earlier with mobile data on and I was getting a 26% per hour battery drain. I turned mobile data off and it dropped to 6% per hour. This is also on the new Att firmware 1308.1.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone else found if they turn their phone off for a minute or so, when they start it up again the battery level jumps up? Mine always does it. It went from sub 30% to 60% yesterday afternoon when I did it.

Mukesh Phanse

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

how to flash ? actually i really dont no much about 920 i was iphone 5 user just for change i bought 920 so no clue and i dont have windows im mac user

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone else found if they turn their phone off for a minute or so, when they start it up again the battery level jumps up? Mine always does it. It went from sub 30% to 60% yesterday afternoon when I did it.
I've had this happen on more than one occasion.

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Try disabling the Xbox Live and Xbox Music features. I found that those changes vastly improved my battery life.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

yes im whats app user
i use whats app a lot
but i never ever felt so horrible battery drain before

That's the reason for battery drain. Its known to cause battery issues. There is a whole thread on Whatsapp and there are a few threads on battery issues. This thread is merged now.

Last edited:

ScottyB#WN

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mysterious battery drain - need your opinions.

Sorry for not posting this in the correct forum, hopefully it will still help...Here is what I've found on my wife's Verizon Lumia 822, which might be the same thing that is happening on the 920. If I leave data turned on, even if it is connected to my home wireless network on WiFi, the battery will drain really fast...like it will go from 100% to 30% in 12 hours while it is sitting idle, barely using it. But if I turn data OFF on the phone and connect to the same WiFi network, it will last for 4 days on a charge, again not using it very much. It is like the 4g on the Lumia 822 is still active, even when it is connected to WiFi. This is unlike my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, which totally cuts off data usage/activity when I'm connected to WiFi. Also on my Nexus you can set it to 3G only, which I can't do on the Lumia. We would be ok with just leaving data off most of the time as a solution, since my wife doesn't use much of the features that require data, except that pictures don't come through for text messages when data is off. Also as someone mentioned, the fact that you can't see specifically what apps are using what amount of battery life, is another bummer. Hopefully Microsoft will get these issues/limitations resolved, otherwise our family will eventually be going back to being android only!

Last edited:

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Mysterious battery drain - need your opinions.

It is like the 4g on the Lumia 822 is still active, even when it is connected to WiFi. This is unlike my Verizon Galaxy Nexus, which totally cuts off data usage/activity when I'm connected to WiFi. Also on my Nexus you can set it to 3G only, which I can't do on the Lumia.

On my Lumia 920 I can change highest connection speed between 4g 3g and 2g from settings>system>cellular.
Don't Know if its an option provided by my network provider..

Tendlya

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery is surprisingly lasting longer on my Lumia 920!

Hi,
I am beginning to wonder if there a problem with the battery on my Lumia 920!
I have unplugged it 6.30 AM on 3/21 and it is now 3/22 6.00 PM.
I still have about 30% battery left.
I have done about 15-20 calls, 4 email Accounts, facebook, downloaded apps, used some apps.
Bluetooth on, Location On, Wi-Fi off, NFC on, white background, medium brightness, auto brightness off..

See the screenshot of the battery app.
Anyone else seeing the same behavior on their phones?
wp_ss_20130322_0001.jpg

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: My battery is surprisingly lasting longer on my Lumia 920!

Hi,
I am beginning to wonder if there a problem with the battery on my Lumia 920!
I have unplugged it 6.30 AM on 3/21 and it is now 3/22 6.00 PM.
I still have about 30% battery left.
I have done about 15-20 calls, 4 email Accounts, facebook, downloaded apps, used some apps.
Bluetooth on, Location On, Wi-Fi off, NFC on, white background, medium brightness, auto brightness off..

See the screenshot of the battery app.
Anyone else seeing the same behavior on their phones?
View attachment 30966

this is actually pretty good !!!!

Faragondk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

This happens to me too, mine just jumped from 24% to 64%, it doesn't happen every charge, but quite often.

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

I've found since I uninstalled the official Twitter app and Microsoft's Facebook app I've gotten better battery life. I just drove 40 minutes to work listening to music through Bluetooth on my car stereo and my battery didn't even budge 1%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire