Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I bought this phone to use the full functionality of the device and do not want to resort to crippling it just to last a day. I think that with the newness of the OS and the device that possibly the apps and features still need some tweaking and software/firmware updates should fix it. Love the phone otherwise. On a strange sidenote I put my phone on a charger (actually the stock charger that comes with the HTC oneX) 15 minutes ago because my battery said 58%. When I came back just to see how much juice I got in 15 minutes it was at 100%!!! Something is obviously awry because one thing I have noticed in the short time I have had the phone is that it seems to take an awful long time to charge back to full capacity when I have used the stock nokia charger the past few nights.

I think there is a bug in the way MS designed the battery meter in WP. (7 & 8) Sometimes my HD7 battery meter will jump 20% or more the second I plug it in. Often I can quickly plug and unplug it, have the battery meter jump, and it still reads however many hours it's been since I ACTUALLY charged it.

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my Lumia 920 on Friday. Switched from an iPhone 5.

My phone has been unplugged since 4:30am this morning and I am at 20% at 8:24pm. I have had only 16 phone calls today. Normally I am a 40 call a day person. Email was heavy today, but text messages were not as I only had 50. No games, or anything else was running. Maybe 1 total hour of surfing.

I had a semi poor experience Sat with the battery, as I was using internet sharing, and I had WIFI on. WiFi was searching all day, and internet sharing was being used. My battery died at 7pm after starting full charge at 6am. But it was terrible.

Overall, the battery is better than the iPhone's. I'm happy. Im also happy with my switch. This phone has so much potential. Hopefully the developers jump on.

JOHN

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If people start reading the manuals when they unbox their phones they will learn something. Most of the issues are there and it says why it happens and what to do to solve them. If it heats , give it a rest. If it freezes is can be because it's too hot... etc,etc

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had an interesting incident today where suddenly my battery started draining quite fast, like 10% in 20-30 minutes with zero use. The area on the back of the phone right above the camera was quite warm. I wasn't running anything and nothing was running in the background that I could tell. I left it alone and kept checking it every so often. The battery kept draining really fast and the same spot on the back stayed warm. Once it dropped from 65 to 35% battery which took perhaps an hour I restarted the phone. It stopped being warm and the battery is now at 33% hours later (So basically it stopped draining). Perhaps some kind of memory leak or rogue application stuck in a loop in the background.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think my battery situation is resolving itself.I took the phone off the charger about 2 am. got up around 11 am and it was on 97%. I didn't have to put it back on the charger until about 7 PM. I was getting estimates of 12 hours instead of the 6 I was getting a day or so ago. I'm slowly enabling background tasks to see how it goes.

walcolm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had an interesting incident today where suddenly my battery started draining quite fast, like 10% in 20-30 minutes with zero use. The area on the back of the phone right above the camera was quite warm. I wasn't running anything and nothing was running in the background that I could tell. I left it alone and kept checking it every so often. The battery kept draining really fast and the same spot on the back stayed warm. Once it dropped from 65 to 35% battery which took perhaps an hour I restarted the phone. It stopped being warm and the battery is now at 33% hours later (So basically it stopped draining). Perhaps some kind of memory leak or rogue application stuck in a loop in the background.

maybe your phone was having a hard time getting a response from the network. my experience with smartphones getting warm has always had something to do with radio activity

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I unplugged my phone at 08:00 today, it's 10:00 now. I had some messages, some mails and stuff like that, and my battery sais 97%.

So far so good. It's a big difference because I deactivated NFC (didn't know it needs much battery before...)

It's 11:15 now. My Battery is at 94%. Pretty good tbh...

Last edited:

torresa

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I unplugged my phone around 7am, it lasted all day and 11:30 pm it was at 10%. Is it me or should I expect more from a new battery? I had longer life with my Focus S. I figure since batteries degrade after time, it wouldn't be all that long before it wouldn't last all day. What do ya'll think?

Gunborg

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I unplugged my phone around 7am, it lasted all day and 11:30 pm it was at 10%. Is it me or should I expect more from a new battery? I had longer life with my Focus S. I figure since batteries degrade after time, it wouldn't be all that long before it wouldn't last all day. What do ya'll think?
They also have to wear in.... A few charge cycles are neccesarry for a battery to function correctly

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My battery is definitely defective. I'm going to call AT&T tomorrow about a replacement Cyan. I took my phone off the charger yesterday at 5pm when I left work. 100%. By the time I got home from the game and was heading for bed (12:30am) the phone was at 35%. I had 3 calls totaling 3 mins and 2 texts during that time. I purposely left the phone off the charger when I went to bed. Woke up at 6:30am and the phone was dead.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
My wife purchased a red NL920 on launch day (she never gets to excited about gadgets but absolutely loves her Lumia). I have been peeking at hers to see how the battery is. She was such a light user of her iPhone4 that it could last her up to 4 days without charging. So far her Lumia seems fine. She charged it Sunday night and this morning it was still at over 50%. Granted she has only 2 accounts (Yahoo and Outlook) and the Weather channel app running but still not bad at all. :cool:

taudilee

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
maybe your phone was having a hard time getting a response from the network. my experience with smartphones getting warm has always had something to do with radio activity

I agree. I have red 920 it gets warmer when keeps trying to connect to the network or when looking for GPS signal

kanundra

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having really bad battery issues the first few days. Last night I decided to reset it and give it a full change. Now it's reporting 3+ days of battery life left with the same settings. I did uninstall Nokia Drive, and I haven't installed any other apps yet.

I'm going to watch my battery life and see if it's any specific apps that are draining it after being installed.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Guys I'm thinking this is a software issue, not a battery problem.

I'm noticing shorter battery life than I expected too. I think we will see a software update soon which will address this. Probably just some WP8 teething problems.

duoFurious

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I will admit my phone is not defective. Its been since launch day and today is the first day that its had good battery life. Been draining down to critical alarms and then charging it and then charging over night all night. Battery does have a break in period for sure also my audio seems to be getting louder with time as well. First few days I had to have it maxed and slowly each day I am able to decrease BC its getting louder.

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
On my First charge I've had so far got 22hours since last charge and only down to 28%. I'm really impressed. The last 7 hours while ive been sleeping it has gone down 5%.

i have made maybe 50 txts, no calls. been on HSPA+ for maybe 12 hours and wireless activated the whole time. Ive downloaded app and playing around on my breaks at work showing everyone the camera and WP8 it self.

Basically im really happy with the Battery in my phone. Alot better than my previous Droid Razr

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Used my phone to write a few posts this morning and after an hour off the charger it still showed 100%. Hard reset and it went down to 97%. Hard reset again and it went to 94%. Hard reset one more time and it stayed at 94%.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
These batteries, like all smartphone batteries these days, seem to need a few charge cycles to settle down. I've had mine since Sunday and the battery life seems to be getting better each day. Today, on my 3rd day it has been off charge for 7 hours and it is still showing 90% charge. I am seriously impressed!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So i decided to rest my phone last night (i hate that backing up and restoring doesn't restore your start page) and charged it to 100% before i went to bed. I wanted to see how the battery usage is while im sleeping. So after 6 hours, i woke up the battery was at 100% still 0_0 and said 1 day 15 hours left of use. HOpefully it is fixed. I did use the IE10 for browsing, people app, and nexgen reader for 30 minutes while laying in bed cuz im lazy to get up from work, drained about 7% to 93%. By the time i drove to work and got to work and settled down, it was down to 90%.

With no use, i check the batter life, it keep sgoing down by 1%. Seems the battery is real good on standby, but the minimalist of uses will cause draining which i guess is normal, but never had it this bad with the 900.

I will run the battery to the ground again today and see any improvements tomorrow before i do an exchange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans