08-10-2016 11:07 AM
2,168 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    There isnt any app updating or anything, everything is turned off appart from battery in backround, and it has over 3+% rate of discharge, I mean everything is turned off.
    Also i've noticed its now getting really hot when I use wifi or 3g or anything for that matter :(

The thing is it didnt use to be liek this in the begining, at first it was chargin with 15-20% /hour and discharging in standby with 0,9% /h now 3% like now, also now when I charge it it charges with 30% / hour.

I've been posting on the Nokia forums but in vain, not a single reply
    Mine will do the same thing when there are updates for apps, I have to turn off auto date/time settings turn off phone then turn it back on the 1st time I did it had 13 apps to update now its u sally 2 or 3 once they update battery usage goes back to under 1%.
    12-22-2013 08:54 PM
    mine doesnt update anything, wifi is turned off, everything is turend off and it goes for 3% discharge in standby
    12-23-2013 11:22 AM
    mine doesnt update anything, wifi is turned off, everything is turend off and it goes for 3% discharge in standby
    I really don't have that much turned off on my phone, but it has something to do with apps trying to update or put a notification on my Store Icon. My phone went from 7am yesterday Sunday morning to 7pm this evening Monday and I still had 82% remaining, from 7pm to 9pm it fell to 38%. I reset the auto date and time like described above and had 3 update notifications, updated now my usage is back to 0.4% per hour. Plus my phone is not very warm like it gets when the battery usage gets spastic.
    12-24-2013 02:40 AM
    I really don't have that much turned off on my phone, but it has something to do with apps trying to update or put a notification on my Store Icon. My phone went from 7am yesterday Sunday morning to 7pm this evening Monday and I still had 82% remaining, from 7pm to 9pm it fell to 38%. I reset the auto date and time like described above and had 3 update notifications, updated now my usage is back to 0.4% per hour. Plus my phone is not very warm like it gets when the battery usage gets spastic.
    I have nothing to update, tried to update everything :( and it still goes for 3~% /hour in standby
    12-24-2013 04:09 AM
    Somehow it feels like my 920 is draining more battery in battery saving mode.. lol..
    12-24-2013 07:07 AM
    I have never had battery troubles and mine is running the latest Firmwares.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DISABLED BATTERY DRAINING BACKGROUND PROCESSES LIKE SOCIAL NETWORKS,GAMES,ETC.
    12-25-2013 11:05 AM
    I just got a recharge speed of 67%, what the hell is happening? why is it fluctuating so much from 20% to 67% from charge to charge...
    12-27-2013 07:15 PM
    Well, after a year of owning my 920 and since the GDR3 update my battery has gone to crap. With 10 minutes of using data and browsing, my battery goes from 100% to 75% and then I turn my data off and just listen to music. Even then I have no chance of surviving the rest of the day with just playing music. No background tasks are running except battery pro.

So, I just bought a battery and planning on replacing it when it gets here
    12-28-2013 02:35 PM
    Well, after a year of owning my 920 and since the GDR3 update my battery has gone to crap. With 10 minutes of using data and browsing, my battery goes from 100% to 75% and then I turn my data off and just listen to music. Even then I have no chance of surviving the rest of the day with just playing music. No background tasks are running except battery pro.

Let me know how it works out, is it soldered or pin plug in?
    12-28-2013 06:41 PM
    I have noticed my battery gets drained very quickly when playing games, does that happens to someone else?
    12-28-2013 07:22 PM
    I have noticed my battery gets drained very quickly when playing games, does that happens to someone else?
    well it happens to my Lumia 1020 too. Microsoft software division has not figured out battery consumption with high computational games/apps. See windows 8 laptop battery life.

With much lesser amount of capacity, iPhone, iPad and Mac last twice longer. As much as I love my phone, the battery life sucks. I have to keep everything off, which I should not need to.

Ps. 1020 lasts 3-4 days with WiFi off and no gaming. Hardly 8-10 hours with both ON.
    12-28-2013 07:43 PM
    wp_ss_20131229_0001.png
    took 28 hours to go from 100% to 47% on standby, wifi and 3g on, then down to 6% with 2 hours playing subway surfers
    WP is just not meant for playing games
    12-28-2013 08:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20131229_0001.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	53001
    took 28 hours to go from 100% to 47% on standby, wifi and 3g on, then down to 6% with 2 hours playing subway surfers
    WP is just not meant for playing games
    I can understand your pain. Try streaming video. My 1020 battery died in 3 hours (35% drain/hr). 0% drain overnight with WiFi ON and no continuous streaming.

If it helps, do not use any battery performance app. They drain your battery so much. I use Battery Pro+ and turn background task off. It gives hourly consumption rate without any stress on the processor and is endorsed by Nokia itself.
    12-28-2013 09:20 PM
    Let me know how it works out, is it soldered or pin plug in?
    Alright, and no, it's not soldered on so it's good. I also bought a white back plate so that'll be a nice change from the usual black.
    12-28-2013 09:39 PM
    This is weird. I was working yesterday, and my battery was draining like crazy while at work. About 4 hours off the charger, my battery was at 17% from initial 100%. Charged it, turned it off.

Today, I was working again. 10 hours off the charger, battery was at 80%. I used the phone to chat on Whatsapp as well as checking my social feeds (mehdoh and 6tag), moderate usage. Very impressed.
    12-29-2013 10:07 AM
    This is weird. I was working yesterday, and my battery was draining like crazy while at work. About 4 hours off the charger, my battery was at 17% from initial 100%. Charged it, turned it off.

Today, I was working again. 10 hours off the charger, battery was at 80%. I used the phone to chat on Whatsapp as well as checking my social feeds (mehdoh and 6tag), moderate usage. Very impressed.
    you should pay attention to background process and disable unnecessary application.
    12-30-2013 06:48 AM
    Happy owner here, got the phone for over a month now and i m very happy with it.
    With some 20 minutes of calls, 10-15 mins of facebook, a few sms, a few pictures each day i usualy get 3-4 days out of a full charge. I even use the glance feature, with double tap and option to turn itself off after a while.
    Even with heavy camera and internet usage i still get through a full day.

All in all i m very happy. Before buying the phone i was reading this forum and was woried but i havent encountered any kind of problems with the device so far.
    From what i can tell, as long as you keep your apps in check it should be fine, i doubt everyone needs stuff like live weather update on the lockscreen or other things like this, that pointlesly drain the battery.
    12-30-2013 03:03 PM

Same here ... So disappointed!!!

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
    nagatofm likes this.
    01-01-2014 11:15 PM

Sometimes I notice that my phone is warm when it is on standby and that the battery is draining faster than it should. This sometimes happens if I don't back all the way out of an app like the Facebook app. Sometimes it doesn't matter that I back out of all apps. In these situations I shut the phone off for a few seconds and turn it back on again and the battery drain issue is gone. I do have to make sure I turn off WiFi when I'm not around an access point but other than that my battery issues have vanished.

When I'm at home I do use ##3282# to get into the Field Test menu and set 2G only since I get marginal 4G/LTE coverage.
    01-02-2014 01:47 AM
    In my opinion it depends on the user himself, if he is a heavy user , and use the device for almost everything (social networks, utube, music..) this device will remain almost 6-7 hours if you are using lte network.
    I have another personal tip for the battery saving , go to settings , battery saver, advanced, then choose always. This will keep remain your battery for longer.
    01-02-2014 07:14 AM
    I've had my 920 for a few months and it's completely unpredictable in terms of battery life. When I first got the phone it had good days and bad days. Occasionally I would have to charge it after about 12 hours, then other times I made it from Saturday morning to Sunday night without having to. Those extended periods have completely disappeared, but I will still occasionally have days where I have no problem getting through the day. There are other days, though, where it might die twice. Today, for example, I woke up around 6:00, took the phone off the charger, now it's not even 2:00 and I'm down around 25%. I haven't used the phone heavily at all and my usage really doesn't vary all that much day to day. I can't make any sense of it.
    01-02-2014 12:42 PM
    My battery has been odd since Christmas, when I last stayed at my boyfriend's house. I woke up to it being at around 72% when I woke up yesterday morning, only used it very lightly to send a Happy New Year text to a few people and play three turns of Words by Post and a couple of rounds of Angry Birds. By the early afternoon, my battery was down to 51%. Around two hours later, and I did nothing with it, the battery was down to 22%, which is when I put it on the charger. I'd noticed also that the phone was feeling unusually warm, even when it was just sitting idly on my bed. Not normal for my 920. Also, the battery drainage is at 2% per hour and has yet to return to the 1% per hour I was enjoying for weeks up until the day after Christmas.
    01-02-2014 01:25 PM
    Battery life for my 920 is better than my 8X. I'm lucky in that my work site has ****ty reception for t-mobile, and I spent 3 hours daily commuting round trip, so it rides in flight mode a lot when I bring it to work. On weekends, however, when I use my 920 the most I can get through a day fine. If I need to, I can push it to about 18 hours. I think I get about 14 hours though and that's good enough for me.
    01-02-2014 01:42 PM
    After a month of usage I can say that battery life on WP is completely random thing. Sometimes my phone gets 2 full days of usage, sometimes it's completely drained after 3 hours. The most annoying thing is that you can't really predict how things would be: once I took my Lumia off the charger at 6 AM and it went through all the day with wi-fi on and random social networks checks and after that all it lasted through a night of non-stop films (720p by the way) making me charge it again only at about 7 PM the next day. And today I was forced to charge a completely dead phone after 2 hours of some internet surfing via 3g. Sometimes it drives me nuts. But after two years with Android I've somehow used to charge the phone every night. In an average, completely typical situation it lasts a full day.
    01-04-2014 04:32 AM
    My battery life recently has been awful. Just moderate use yesterday had the phone falling over around the 12 hour mark.

I suspected the facebook live tile, but when I checked background tasks I discovered about 5 apps which had allowed themselves to run in the background. I guess some updates reset the background task status. One to look out for in the future. After blocking them all my battery has since dropped 1% in 5 hours.
    01-04-2014 09:51 AM
2,168 ... 7677787980 ...