Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I unplugged my 920 at exactly noon today.by roughly 5-5:30 it was at around 32%. No games or music. Very moderate use. I hate to be that guy, but my iPhone would go all day and I wouldnthave to charge it until 8 or 9 in the evening. I'm hoping charging it to 100% and letting it drain completely for a few days will improve the battery charge. I only have a couple of apps that I let run in the background.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

unkleknuklefunk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been having battery issues with my 920 also seems like it takes forever to charge and drains really quickly this is only my third day having it and I never got it to full charge the first day even though I had it plugged into my car charger on and off most of the day. I went to bed around midnight last night and put it on the charger just took it off at 7:30 and its at 99% . We'll see what happens today keep u posted

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Every new phone same thread. The phone is crap, so take it back.
Hope that makes everyone feel better. Maybe now this thread will just die. :confused:

Last edited:

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Every new phone same thread. The phone is crap, so take it back.
Hope that makes everyone fell better. Maybe now this thread will just die. :confused:

The very purpose of forums is to find answers and see if there is a larger problem, don't be bitter.

I have the same settings and programs running on my 920 as my 900. At 2am I unplugged a fully charged 920 and left it on my night table and went back to sleep. Woke up at 8 and it had 14% battery left. I will try another day or 2 before doing a hard reset.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, did you just argue against your own point?

No. I argued against the guy who said not to let it fully die.

Doing it once when the battery is new isn't going to cause a problem. If you keep doing it you might. I am saying if it's a software battery calculation problem. Letting it fully dying and then charging it completely, might fix it.

ztas

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I activated my 920 on Friday, last night I charged it 100%.
Now browsing and installing apps for 1 to 2 hours, now 58% left!
Don't know what options available!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Let it die then full charge

Misleading. Fully discharging a Li-Ion battery on a regular basis can cause premature battery issues. Doing it once won't hurt it. but if it's a software battery calculation problem it might resolve it.

I'm at home, don't have Nokia drive running, does it matter?
BTW, how do I disable it? Do you mean to disable location service?

Open settings -> Swipe Left - > open Background Tasks -> choose which app you want to modify. "Blocking" an app in this menu only prevents it from running in the background (or for turning a Live Tile into a dead tile). It does not prevent the app from running when you open it.

It's a great way to manage which apps you want to allow to run in the background, etc.

anon(5324511)

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of drive+ beta and my battery is friggin awesome now! I didn't bother with just disabling it because I never use it anyway! But now I've made calls texts streamed Xbox music read CNN play videos from CNN! Its been unplugged aprox 4-5 hours now and just down to 80% That's awesome compared to yesterday doing the same crap killed the battery!!!! eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So I received my Lumia 920 (cyan) today, gave it a full charge. Now it has been 1 hour since my last charge and I only have 5 hours estimated left. I've already dropped to 77% is this normal? All I've been doing is listening to music and texting, no phone calls. And a couple rounds of angry birds.......anyone else having the same battery drain?

You've been streaming music, or just playing it locally. If it's been streaming that whole time, I'd expect that to chew your battery up a bit.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The very purpose of forums is to find answers and see if there is a larger problem, don't be bitter.

I have the same settings and programs running on my 920 as my 900. At 2am I unplugged a fully charged 920 and left it on my night table and went back to sleep. Woke up at 8 and it had 14% battery left. I will try another day or 2 before doing a hard reset.

Check to see what is running in the background. Somethings up.

I set my 920 up the same way I did my 900. I don't allow live tiles to update because it's pointless, if I need info I'm going to click the tile anyway, it takes 1 second. I turn on the battery saver most of the time. Again, if I want to check email, I just tap the tile, I don't need it to be updating constantly. I also disable most background tasks where I can. Doing this I consistently have 50-60% battery left at the end of the workday easily with both my 900 and now my 920.

Banstyle

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine died, then I put in on the (wired) charger, then it came online and I started using it, and it died! It died while on the charger! I've never seen a phone do that! Makes me kind of worried.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Check to see what is running in the background. Somethings up.

I set my 920 up the same way I did my 900. I don't allow live tiles to update because it's pointless, if I need info I'm going to click the tile anyway, it takes 1 second. I turn on the battery saver most of the time. Again, if I want to check email, I just tap the tile, I don't need it to be updating constantly. I also disable most background tasks where I can. Doing this I consistently have 50-60% battery left at the end of the workday easily with both my 900 and now my 920.

Thanks, I disabled GoVoice from running in the background as well as weather and I uninstalled the Nokia Drive beta. I've got it on the charger and it is at 100%. I'll see what it looks like at the end of the day!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
you guys should also set your email settings from timed sync to 'sync as they arrive' so it doesnt bother to send you anything unless an email actually comes.

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine died, then I put in on the (wired) charger, then it came online and I started using it, and it died! It died while on the charger! I've never seen a phone do that! Makes me kind of worried.

I bet this happened while you charged your phone from your Laptop not from somewhere else?
I noticed that on my laptop it charges really slowly... When you use it while charging it's almost 50/50...

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
That's not normal. I had that issue when I charged my phone from my laptop because it's slower there. But it doesn't happen at all when I load it normally...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo