Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
With moderate internet use and moderate texting, my phone went from 100% to 80% in two hours and it's been through a handful of charge cycles. No downloading of apps, no phone calls, no videos, no gaming.. etc.

Not to be "that guy" but my iPhone 4 - using it the same as my Nokia - would get me through a whole day and then some. And that's with a two year old battery.

I'm afraid what my Nokia battery life will be in a year from now. I definitely won't get thru a whole day. I really like the phone, but don't know if it's worth keeping if I can't even use it.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
SO after about 10 or so messages of whatsapping and downloading meme hub, my battery is now down to 82% in about 15 minutes.

So since i woke up and left at 7, my battery is down to 82% in 2 hours..

great battery /sarcasm. I turned off my wifi to see if that helps, turning off wifi seems to help whatsapp work properly

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
With moderate internet use and moderate texting, my phone went from 100% to 80% in two hours and it's been through a handful of charge cycles. No downloading of apps, no phone calls, no videos, no gaming.. etc.

Not to be "that guy" but my iPhone 4 - using it the same as my Nokia - would get me through a whole day and then some. And that's with a two year old battery.

I'm afraid what my Nokia battery life will be in a year from now. I definitely won't get thru a whole day. I really like the phone, but don't know if it's worth keeping if I can't even use it.

Don't let this scare you. Windows Phone 8 just got completely rewritten, and the battery can only get better with future updates. WP7 had excellent battery life, and I believe MS can get there again.

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I took my 920 off from Chargint at 08:00 in the morning. I had some Whatsapp, Facebook statusses, sms, stuff like that. After 10 hours, I'm down to 75%. This is quite ok for me, although I didn't use it that much because I am at work.

But still ok, better than my iPhone 4...

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't let this scare you. Windows Phone 8 just got completely rewritten, and the battery can only get better with future updates. WP7 had excellent battery life, and I believe MS can get there again.

It's really nerve racking, tbh. I really really like my Lumia 920 and really want to keep it. But if the battery and camera would stay as it is NOW, I don't want it. People keep saying to "give it time" and they'll fix it... which would be FANTASTIC but I only have 11 days left to return it...

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It's really nerve racking, tbh. I really really like my Lumia 920 and really want to keep it. But if the battery and camera would stay as it is NOW, I don't want it. People keep saying to "give it time" and they'll fix it... which would be FANTASTIC but I only have 11 days left to return it...

Totally understandable. If you're not 100% satisfied, you should definitely return it and get something you like better.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

That's the biggest problem with being an early adopter.

With every brand new gadget, there are some issues that need to be worked out. Adopting early means that you either have faith they'll get fixed or accept or tge way it is, because the return window is shorter than the turnaround time for a fix.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So I got to handle and play with a Lumia 920 and HTC 8X yesterday. Here I was thinking I'm ready to try Windows Phone again and this thread is right at the top...

Am I just going to end up with a 900 again with some slightly newer hardware? It sounds like MS didn't do any work reading how everyone is having all these problems with battery and background tasks.

Is anyone having good experiences? Do you all really enjoy having to turn off all those services just to have your battery last the day? I'm not paying all that money for mobile internet to then have to turn off everything that makes these phones so great.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
So I got to handle and play with a Lumia 920 and HTC 8X yesterday. Here I was thinking I'm ready to try Windows Phone again and this thread is right at the top...

Am I just going to end up with a 900 again with some slightly newer hardware? It sounds like MS didn't do any work reading how everyone is having all these problems with battery and background tasks.

Is anyone having good experiences? Do you all really enjoy having to turn off all those services just to have your battery last the day? I'm not paying all that money for mobile internet to then have to turn off everything that makes these phones so great.

Was your 900's battery life inadequate?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues with the battery life - until I installed Skype. That really kills mine too, now. Only got 12 hours of light use out of it today.

PaulSancheezzee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I fully discharged my battery last night till it said 'goodbye' and began charging till it was 100%, leaving it plugged in till I woke up this morning for work. Since then, I've been streaming Nokia music for the past 3 hours straight, sent a good amount of text messages back & forth and checked my email/instagram/fb/twitter. My battery level is currently at 78% per the Battery Level app. The only background tasks running are:

Battery Level
MSN Stocks
NextGen Reader

My battery life seemed to have improved drastically after the discharge and leaving it plugged in overnight. Hope this helps some of you.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
i have a feeling whatsapp might be the culprit. My phone doesnt warm up that much when i surf using browser or apps, but when i use whatsapp, it gets warm and on wifi, it seems the performance on whatsapp is worse on wifi, my messages dont send and receive that well. On data, it works fine.

May need to see if whatsapp is the reason for the drain.

Since 7:00, it is now 10:30, im at 57%. Primarily whatsapping through the day, never had this type of drain on other wp7 phones

ejmdds

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I think that possibly the problem is not just a specific app but any app in general with WP8. I was having overheating issues and poor battery life while I had Words With Friends installed. I uninstalled it last night and have done my exact routine I did yesterday and now my battery is sitting at 90%. Yesterday at this time I was at around 60%. I had just played two moves on WWF and browsed internet and lost 40% in 20 minutes. I am amazed at such a huge difference. Perhaps any new apps and older ones that have been updated for WP8 still need some issues ironed out.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My battery "seemed" to be doing really weird things (for example, from 70% to 40% during a one hour jog)--until I ran the battery down to zero and did a full recharge. Now, much, much (much) better. No worries about running out in one day...

In the backround I have:
Battery Level
BBC News
Bloomberg News
CNN
My Stocks
Nokia Driver Beta
USA Today
Weather Channel
NY Times

Plus, I am updating two email accounts in real time, and another every 15 minutes...

mammaldood

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Started today with the phone telling me I had 1 day+ of battery left. Now it's down to 70% with little use and saying I have 3 hours left. what. the. ****.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
can anybody confirm that when you toggle on battery saver, the estimated time changes?

When i do it on my phone, the estimated time remains the same.

7 KDZ

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Having used Mugen batteries (most recently in my Trophy), they recommend the folowing and I have always have good results with this:

Charging Instructions and Battery Care
To fully enjoy the enhanced hi-power capabilities, You should initialize the battery. To do so, please follow 3 easy steps:

1) CHARGE BATTERY FOR 8-12 HOURS

For the first 4-5 charges, please charge the battery in the device for 8-12 hours using the mains power adapter and with device turned on (Important: For first 4-5 charges You should charge the battery for 8-12 hours, even if Your phone is showing it is fully charged already!).

2) USE DEVICE AS NORMAL

After each charge, please use the device as normal, until the device tells you the battery is very low, then recharge.

3) REPEAT 4-5 TIMES

Repeat this process for 4-5 times.

After that you can recharge the battery whenever is suitable for You, and just until Your device showing it is fully charged.

Important: We recommend not to try to switch on your phone if you reached 0% charge. This harms the battery, exhausts it's resource and decreases it's life cycle.

When using your device for longer periods of time (week or more) continuously on the mains power supply, please remove the battery or use the device on battery power until recharge is necessary once in 2 weeks.

The above is also important in cases when you are changing the size of the battery in the device so the charging software can sort out the larger capacity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss